Chapter 13

When Marley and Jake got off the plane it wasn't that much later, only a couple of hours. Marley was amazed by how big and fast paced NYC was, she was excited to be with Jake. Jake hailed a cab and gave the cab driver his address, since traffic was bad it took an hour and a half. Jake led Marley up to his penthouse apartment and it was beautiful, Marley especially loved the view.

"I can tell you like the view." Jake said walking behind Marley and wrapping his arms around her waist.

Marley spun around in his arms so she could be face to face with him. "It's awesome, you can see a lot from here."

"That's a big reason why I got this place. So what do you want to do first, we could go see stuff, or go out to dinner. Whatever you want."

"It doesn't matter where we go or if we don't go anywhere at all. I just want to be with you the entire weekend, alone."

"Well, that does sound pretty good." Jake pecked Marley's lips "You hungry, Marls?"

"I could eat. What do you have in mind?"

"Well since we just got here and we will be here two more days, how about we order in. Anything special you want?"

"No not really, anything is good." Marley sat on the couch, while Jake went in the other room to order food.

While Marley was sitting there looking around at all his pictures. There were lots of pictures of him on stage and backstage, lots of pictures of him dancing.

What am I doing? He has a great life here, with friends, and a gorgeous apartment, but he was going back to Lima for a while. Why would he leave this? What am I gonna do when I go back to LA? I really don't want to lose him again, but how can I be with him if I'm nnot being honest with him about his own child? He deserves to know, that way he can be in Olivia's life. She's already spent too much time without a father. Marley Rose, tonight is the night you will tell Jake about his daughter, end of disscussion. He should know. He needs to know. But how will he react? Maybe I should wait until we get back to Lima.

"Marley? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just kinda zoned out. Did you order the food?"

"Yeah, it should be here in a while." Jake grabbed Marley's hand and led her over to the couch. Marley sat down and turned towards Jake as they waited for the food to arrive.

Marley laid down with Jake on the couch and he held her close. Marley sat up and looked at Jake.

"I'm gonna go change."

"Okay, don't be too long." Jake said as we watched Marley walk to get her bag.

"I won't."

Marley changed into pink capri sweats and a tee shirt, she put her hair in a pony tail. When she was walking back into the livingroom she saw more pictures of Jake and his happy life here. She needed to know what was going to happen to them when she left to go back to LA. She wanted to talk to him, when she finally walked back into the livingroom Jake was paying for the food. She sat down on the couch trying to figure out a way to ask him, she couldn't so she just decided to say it. The room was silent as they started eating but then Marley spoke up;

"What are we going to do, Jake?"

"What are you talking about, Marls?"

"Me and you, what are we going to do when I go back to LA and you stay in Lima?"

"I don't know, Marley. But, I know that there is no way I'm going to let you walk out of my life. Never again."

"Jake, what about Liv?"

"I love her." Marley felt a relief when he said that.

"Jake-"

"Marley, I do love her. She is the most amazing child I've ever met and I love her." Marley kissed him.

"Thank you, for not leaving me or her. She really cares about you Jake and I can't have her lose you. I don't know if she'd be okay."

"I'm not going anywhere. I promise you that."

"I want you to come with me. To LA."

"What?"

"I want you to come with Liv and I back to LA."

"Really?"

"Yes. I want to be with you, I can't stand being away from you. Unless you don't want to."

"No, no. I want to, I want to be with you and Liv." Jake grabbed Marley's hands and gave her a sweet kiss. When they broke apart Marley knew she had to tell him that he was Liv's father.

"Jake, there's something I have to tell you." Marley was starting to feel nervous.

"You can tell me anything, Marley."

"Jake..." Marley began, this was the perfect time and he needed to know. "...six years ago, when I broke up with you it wasn't because I didn't want to try the long distance thing. It was because I was pregnant, with your baby. I left for LA and gave birth to Olivia. Olivia is your daughter, she's our daughter."

Marley wasn't sure if she could look at Jake so she kept her eyes glued to their hands that were still holding each other. She was preparing herself for Jake to yell and scream at her, preparing herself for him to be angry.

"I know." Marley looked up at Jake to see him smiling with tears in his eyes.

"What?"

"I know Olivia is my daughter, I've known since the second I saw her."

"How?"

"She looks like me, she does things I used to do when I was little, and she sings like me and you. Hell, she's even six years old, we broke up six years ago. How could I not know?"

"And you didn't leave? How can you not hate me?"

"When I first saw her I suspected she was mine. Then, when I started spending more time with her I knew. I love her so much, she's mine. She's ours. Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you let me help you raise her? I would've been the best dad I could."

"I t-thought you would leave me, I thought you wouldn't love me anymore or love her at all."

"I love you both so much. Marley that night, when we broke up, I was going to ask you to marry me and be mine forever. I wanted so badly to have you in my arms when I woke up and when I went to sleep. I wanted you to be mine, and Liv would've been like the cherry on top." Marley was crying.

"You wanted to marry me?"

"Of course I did, I still do. But, you left me and I never understood why until I saw you again."

"I'm so sorry, Jake."

"Marley, I forgive you. I just never want to leave you or my daughter's side, ever. I want her to be able to call me daddy. I can't believe I have a daughter, a beautiful baby girl. We need to tell her soon."

"We will, soon. We just need to figure out how."

"We can figure that out later. Right now all I want to do is take you to my bedroom." Jake kissed Marley and stood up.

"I love you so much, Jake."

"I love you too, Marley. Never forget it." Jake resumed kissing Marley and picked her up, taking her to his room to show her how huch he loved her.