Chapter 7

So glad I was able to get this chapter up tonight! I'll keep it short and sweet. Read and review. (please?) Love ya!

Jake and Olivia hopped in the car the next morning to go pick up Marley.

"Jake, are we almost there?"

"Yeah, almost."

Jake was just as excited, maybe more than Liv, to see Marley. Jake and Olivia rode in the car until Olivia asked Jake to turn on the radio.

"Jake, Jake! Go back that was momma's song!"

Jake went back to the previous music station and Marley's voice was playing throughout the car. Then, Olivia started to sing along. Jake was surprised to hear how well she could sing, even for a six year-old. She sounded like Marley. Jake turned down the radio.

"When did you start singing, Liv."

"I don't know."

"Do you want to be a singer like Marley."

"Maybe."

"Well if you ever do, don't give up. Don't give up on anything you wanna be. Okay?"

Jake quickly glanced back at Olivia and smiled.

"Okay. I won't"

Jake and Olivia got to the airport only to be greeted by Marley soon after their arrival.

"I missed you so much, Liv."

Marley gave her daughter hug and a kiss, then went over to Jake.

"Thank you for watching her Jake."

"Anytime."

Marley hugged Jake and he just barely lifted her off the ground.

"So, whoose hungry?" Marley asked after she and Jake and let go of each other.

Marley, Jake and Liv got in the car and drove to get dinner. Jake was driving, Marley was in the passenger's seat, and Liv was in back.

"Mommy I want chinese food."

Marley looked at Jake.

"Chinese good with you?"

"Sounds great."

Jake drove to the chinese restraunt he and Marley always went to as teenagers. Jake went inside and got the takeout, then they headed back to Marley's mom's house. Jake helped Marley carry in her bags after they sat Olivia in the livingroom with her food and some cartoons. Jake and Marley came back inside and saw Liv completely distracted by cartoons so they went in the kitchen to eat their own food. They were in there for about an hour until they went to check on Liv, they figured she was asleep. They were right, Olivia was on the couch, curled up in a blanket sleeping like an angel.

"She did this last night, too."

Jake laughed as he walked over to Olivia and picked her up.

"Jake you don't have to do that."

"It's cool, really. She's so cute when she sleeps."

Marley smiled as Jake said that, making his way to the steps.

"I'll be right back, Marls."

'Okay, I'll be in here."

Jake walked upstairs and put Olivia in her pajamas and then tucked her in.

"Goodnight, princess." Jake said as he kissed her head.

Marley had gone in the kitchen and cleaned up her and Jake's food before heading back into the livingroom and turning the dim light on. She then grabbed to tv remote and switched the tv off. Just as she did that Jake was coming downstairs.

"She's tucked in and everything."

"Thanks."

Jake took a seat next to Marley, but was facing her.

"Jake I really missed you while I was gone."

"I really missed you too, Marls."

Marley smiled and looked down at her hands, knowing she was blushing. She couldn't believe this man could still make her feel like this.

"So how was Olivia, did she behave well?"

"She was great, she's a mini you. She's adorable. She sings like you, too."

Marley smiled "I'm glad she was good, she is adorable isn't she?"

"Very much so. How did everything go with the meetings?"

"They were okay, I would rather have been here."

"Was LA crazy busy."

"Eh, a little bit. You should come sometime, it's awesome."

"I just might take you up on that. How long are you and Liv staying in town?"

"Maybe another month or two. I'll probably buy a place around here soon so I can come home more often without staying here."

"I know what you mean. That's what I did."

"How long are you going to be in town, Jake?"

"Well I've already been here a few weeks and I miss NY but it's crazy and hard to get auditions. I was thinking of coming home for a while."

"Well maybe that's what is best."

"Maybe. It's getting late, maybe I should go." Jake got up and grabbed his jacket

"Wait!" Marley got up and walked over to where Jake was.

"Yeah. Marls."

Just then Marley crashed her lips to Jake's and for the first time in six years, they kissed. It was slow and passionate, but lasted for a few minutes.

"I've missed that, a lot." Jake said breathlessly as they pulled away.

"Me too." Marley said, her eyes still closed trying to process what just happened.

Jake gave Marley another kiss, same pace. When they pulled away, Marley grabbed Jake's hand and led him back to the couch.

"Lay with me, please Jake. My mom and Charlie won't be back until tomorrow."

"Okay, Marls. But on one condition."

"What might that condition be, Mr. Puckerman?" Marley said wrapping her arms around Jake's neck.

"You let me take you on picnic in the park tomorrow."

"You've got a deal."

Marley pecked Jake's lips before going upstairs and grabbing Jake a pair of Charlie's sweatpants, she grabbed herself a large t-shirt and a short pair of pajama shorts. When she came back downstairs she tossed them to Jake.

"Here, you can wear these."

Marley took her shirt off and put on the large shirt, then she slipped her jeans off and put on the shorts, Jake watching the entire time. When Marley finished she looked at Jake and knew he had watched.

"You gonna change?"

Marley chuckled as Jake started blushing and tried to hide his face.

"I'll be right back."

Marley walked into the downstairs bathroom and grabbed a hair tie. She put her hair in a bun and walked back in the livingroom. Marley grabbed his hand and led him upstairs to her room.

"Thanks for staying with me, Jake." Marley said pulling the covers back and getting into bed, Jake right behind her.

"No problem, Marls." Jake said as he kissed Marley before letting her turn off the bedside lamp and holding her. They were laying back to front, Jake's hand laying over Marley's stomach.

"Goodnight, Marls." Jake said pulling Marley as close as possible.

Marley chuckled at how he wanted her so close.

"Goodnight, Jake."