Chapter 8

Marley woke up first and untangled herself from Jake's arms. She grabbed some clothes and went to take a shower, when she got out and got dressed Jake was still asleep. Marley decided to go check on Liv. She walked across the hall and peeked inside the room, Olivia was still asleep so she closed the door and went downstairs to make some coffee. Once the coffee was made, she poured some and went outside and sat on the back patio, then her mom called Marley's cell phone. Marley's mom said she and Charlie would be home in about an hour and a half. They both told ech other they loved each other and hung up. Jake woke up twenty minutes later, without Marley in his arms, so he went downstairs to look for her. Jake saw her sitting on the back patio sitting on a patio chair with her legs propped up on the table sipping coffee. He chuckled to himself at how cute she looked.

"Hey." Jake said as he opened the patio door. Marley turned around as she heared his voice.

"Goodmorning, Jake." Jake walked over to a chair, pulled it out and sat down. They sat there in silence as Marley looked off into the distance then Jake broke the silence.

"Are you okay?" Marley looked to Jake with a confused face.

"Yeah, why?"

"I just thought maybe you regretted asking me to stay last night?"

"No, I don't. I'm actually glad I asked you to stay. Do you regret staying, or asking me to lunch?"

"No, not at all." Jake smiled at Marley and her stomache did a flip. Then he continued sepeaking.

"I should probably go home before Olivia wakes up. Plus, I need to change and prepare for lunch."

"Okay. Let me walk you out." Jake stood up and so did Marley. They both headed inside and towards the front door. All of Jake's stuff was by the door in a bag and he grabbed it and threw it over his shoulder after putting his shoes and jacket on.

"My mom and Charlie are due home in about an hour. So once they get home I'll call you and let you know so we can set up a time for lunch."

"Okay,"

Marley opened the door for Jake and watched him walk to his car. He put his stuff inside and got in the driver's seat, Marley waved and then closed the door. After she closed the door, she noticed the house was a little messy so she decided to straighten it up before her mom and Charlie came home. Marley had grabbed the trash from the room when there was a knock on the door. She had no idea who it could be so she set the trash down and went to open the door.

"Jake?" Marley was surprised to see Jake on her doorstep.

"I forgot something."

"What did you forget?"

"This."

He stepped inside and grabbed Marley by the waist and pulled her in for a slow, yet very passionate kiss. After they parted their faces were still so close and they were looking into each other's eyes.

"I'll see you later?" Jake asked as he headed for the door for the second time today.

Marley bit her lip before replying. "Yeah."

"Bye, Marls." Jake shut the door behind him and went to his car, Marley watched him drive off out the window.

About an hour later Marley's mom and Charlie arrived home. Marley called Jake and he said he would pick her up around two, it was only ten in the morning so Marley figured she would make breakfast for everyone. Marley had cleaned up and just finished cooking breakfast when Liv came downstairs in her pajamas.

"Hey, baby girl." Marley shouted from the kitchen as she watched Liv walk into the livingroom and sit on the couch.

Marley put some bacon and eggs on a plate she grabbed from the stack she had placed by the stove. Then, she went and grabbed a piece of toast and also put that on the plate. She made three other plates the same way then got out the orange juice.

"Come eat, Liv. Mom, there's some for you and Charlie in here, too."

Olivia came in the kitchen and sat at the table then started eating her breakfast.

"Thanks, Marls." Millie said as she walked in to the kitchen and took a seat at the table. Charlie followed not soon after.

"Hey mom can I talk to you when you finish eating?"

"Sure, sweetheart."

Everyone ate, then Marley sent Liv upstairs to get dressed. Millie started helping Marley gather dishes from the table.

"What do you want to talk to me about?"

"Mom, Jake wants to take me to lunch today. Could you watch Liv? If you can't I totally get it, I mean you did just get back and probably want some time to rest."

"Marley we spent that time away resting. I was thinking about taking Liv to the new toy store on the other side of town. It's new and I thought she'd like it, I missed her when we were gone."

"Really mom, that's great! Thank you so much." Marley gave her mom a big long hug.

"Maybe you should get ready for you're date. It is a date right?"

"Yes, it is. And I'm very, very excited." Marley practically ran upstairs to get ready for her and Jake's date.