Chapter 11

Jake woke up first, he looked next to him and saw Marley laying on her side, facing him. She had her hair in her face, so he gently pushed it behind her ear and off her shoulder. He watched her sleep, her chest going up and down with every breath she took, the way there was still a smile on her face from last night, he love every bit of her. After what seemed like minutes later, Marley's eyes fluttered open.

"Goodmorning, Marley." Jake said as he slowly stroked his thumb across her cheek. Marley put her hand on top of his.

"Mornin'"

"I missed waking up like this, waking up to see your beautiful face. It doesn't seem like I went six years without you. Without hearing you sing to me, or laugh, without seeing your sparkiling smile, without holding you and telling you I love you, without making love to you." Jake continued rubbing Marley's cheek with his thumb. Marley smiled.

"I love you, Jake."

"What?" Jake thought he hadn't heard right.

"I love you, and I haven't stopped loving you." Marley leaned up and kissed Jake.

"I love you too, Marley. I would do anything for you."

"I don't know how I lived without you."

"I have you now and that's all that matters." Jake said smiling and gave her a soft kiss.

"I know." Jake got out of bed.

"Follow me. I have something for you."

"What do you mean?"

"Come here." Jake said walking into his closet and grabbing a small box.

"What is it?" Marley was confused.

"Remember this?" Jake said opening the box.

"Oh my god."

Jake and Marley, along with the glee club, were at a graduation party for the glee club at Sugar's house. Jake found Marley sitting by herself sipping on a water bottle.

"Hey, Marls. Are you alright?" Marley was startled

"Oh, yeah I'm fine. Can we get out of here?"

"Sure, where do you wanna go?"

"Anywhere. I wanna talk to you."

"Okay, let's go say bye to everyone."

"Okay." Marley followed Jake to where everyone was talking.

"Hey, we're gonna take off." Jake said reaching to hold Marley's hand.

Everyone said goodbye and they all agreed to spend time together durin the summer before some of them fo off to college. Jake and Marley left and were driving to Jake's house, Jake pulled in his driveway and Marley got out of the car as Jake came around the car to go in the house. He grabbed her hand and led her into the house.

"Is your mom home?"

"No, she's working until later."

"Can we go on the roof?"

"If you want to." Marley walked up the steps and into Jake's room, he walked in and went over to the window. He climbed on to the roof.

"Give me your hand, Marls." Marley grabbed Jake's hand and climbed out. They laid down together and looked at the stars.

"Jake?"

"Yeah?"

"You know I love you right, with all my heart?"

"Of course I do, are you sure you're okay?" Marley sat up.

"Jake, we can't do this anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"Us. You're leaving for college and I'm thinking about going to LA."

"Marley we talked about this."

"I know but I can't do long distance. I'm so sorry." Marley took the necklace Jake had given her for her birthday a couple months ago off and put it in his hand.

"Marley please." Jake felt the tears going down his face.

"I-I can't Jake. I love you but I can't." Marley stood up and climbed back inside the house, Jake right behind her.

"So that's it? You're just going to leave. You're not even going to give our love a chance at long distance?! I love you Marley! You're the only girl I've ever loved. The one I want to love for the rest of my life."

"Yes, this is it. I love you, Jacob Puckerman." Marley was crying now and she kissed him on the lips.

"I love you, Jake. Please know that. Goodbye."

Marley turned towards the door and walked out. She started walking home, crying harder than she's ever cried before. Jake fell to his knees the second he heard the front door shut. He cried holding Marley's necklace in his hands, then he pulled out the ring box. The ring he was going to propose to Marley with. He was going to ask her to go with him, and be his forever. It was supposed to be perfect, they were both supposed to be crying. Crying tears of joy and excitement not sadness and hurt. She was gone, and she wasn't coming back. He cried harder.

"Jake, you kept the necklace?" Marley was about to cry

"Of course I did. I want you to take it back. It belongs to you, it represents our love." Marley started crying.

"Marls, why are you crying." Jake hugged Marley

"I'm sorry it's just, the last time I saw it was when I gave it back."

"Shh, hey don't cry. You have me again, I love you okay?"

"I love you so much, Jake."

"I love you, too. Now, take your necklace back." Jake went behind her and mived her hair to put the necklace on.

"Thank, you Jake."

"It's back where it belongs."

Jake and Marley kissed and kissed until they decided to take it back to the bed. Then, they fell asleep again, they woke up an hour later and made breakfast. It was only ten in the morning now, but Marley knew she had to get back to Liv. Jake and Marley were standing in the hallway out side of Jake's apartment, Jake wouldn't stop kissing Marley. Marley was laughing in between kisses.

"Jake, I love you but I have to get back before Liv wakes up."

"Okay, fine. I'll call you later."

"Yes, please call me. I love you."

"I love you too, Ms. Rose."

"Bye." Marley said as she stepped into the elevator and started to make her way home.

When she got home it was ten fifteen and she was praying no one was awake. She walked in the house to silence, she slowly tiptoed across the livingroom only to hear her mother's voice.

"And what have you been doing all night?" Millie was in the kitchen.

"Nothing really." Marley replied casually although the truth was she just had one of the best nights of her life.

"Marley don't give me that. I am your mother and I want an answer."

"Jake made great food, we cuddled, and talked, then we slept together. Bye mom, gotta go get a shower" Marley ran out of he kitchen only to leave her mother speechless with her jaw on the ground.