Chapter 28

Marley woke up with a sudden urge to throw up, she ran to the bathroom just in time. Unfortunately, she woke Jake up in the process.

Jake sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Marls?"

"In he-" Marley started to throw up again.

Jake got up, careful not to wake Liv, and walked into the bathroom. He walked in and pulled Marley's hair back as she threw up. When Marley sat her back against the shower, Jake was sure that she was done. "Are you okay?"

"Just morning sickness." Marley smiled.

Jake got up and helped Marley up. She brushed her teeth and put her hair up in case she had to make it to the bathroom again. "Do you want anything, Marls? Do you want me to go make you some breakfast?"

"Can you just get me something to snack on, it helps."

"Of course. Let's get you into bed first." Jake carried Marley to bed and saw that Liv had rolled over a bit so she was in the middle.

"When did Liv come in here?" Marley said quietly in effort not to wake Olivia.

"She came in last night, after she had a bad dream." Jake put Marley in the bed and pulled the covers over her. "I'll be right back." He kissed Marley and left the room.

Marley turned on her side and looked at Liv, she was still sleeping. She pulled her hair out her face and placed a hand on Liv's cheek, she kissed her forehead. Marley rolled onto her back and looked at the ceiling, while her hands caressed her stomach.

Jake was in the kitchen getting fruit for Marley. He knew that she loved having fresh fruit in the morning and he figured it wasn't a bad snack for her to have. He walked back into the bedroom with the bowl of fruit in his hand he smiled as he saw Liv asleep and Marley rubbing her stomach. Jake walked over to Marley's side of the bed and placed the fruit on the table beside the bed. "I hope fruit is okay."

Marley watched Jake come over to her with a bowl of fruit and she chuckled when he asked for her approval. "Fruit is perfect." she grabbed a piece out of the bowl and put it in her mouth.

Jake got into bed on the other side, Liv was right in between them. Marley had a few pieces of fruit, until Jake spoke up, capturing her attention. "What was your first pregnancy like, how were you able to do it alone?"

"It was crazy, my mom came to LA every once in a while to help but she had to keep her job, so she couldn't stay long. At college I got looks once I started showing and everyone assumed I was a slut because they never saw a father around."

"I would have came to LA with you, you know."

"I know, but if you would've things wouldn't have turned out the way they did."

"What do you mean?"

"It would be different. You wouldn't have made it as a dancer and I probably never would've made it as a singer."

"I think you would have been extremely famous either way."

Marley chuckled. "Maybe, but it would've been a different process with different people."

"How do you mean? How did it happen, you becoming famous?"

"When I went to college it took a few months before it was noticable that I was pregnant. I tried to hide it as long as I could but eventually I was pretty big."

"What does this have to do with your singing career?"

"I'm getting there."

"Continue." Jake smiled.