Chapter 9

When Marley went upstairs she took a quick shower then had to decide what to wear. The room she was staying in at her mom's house had a walk-in closet, she didn't bring enough clothes for it to fill the entire closet. It only filled about a third. Since it was spring and the weather seemed decent today, she decided on black mid-thigh length, high waisted shorts and a baby pink tee. She had some pink flats and she left her hair down, but out of her face. Marley walked over to the stand by her bed to get her phone, Jake had texted her.

"Hey, Marls. I'll be over in twenty minutes."

Marley saw the text had been sent ten minutes ago, so she went downstairs to wait for Jake. When Jake had went home earlier that day he got a shower, got dressed, then headed to get some things for Marley and his picnic. Jake was wearing a tee and jeans, casual, which was appropriate for their lunch date. He already had a blanket and basket so he grabbed it and put it in his car along with some wine glasses. Jake then headed to the grocery store, he grabbed stuff to make pastrami sandwiches, Marley's favorite. He also grabbed some water, then he went to the fancy restaurant he and Marley had dinner at a couple weeks ago and bought some wine. After all that was completed, he went home to prepare a couple sandwiches for them and putting a bag of chips in the basket. Jake went to the park to try and look for the perfect spot for him and Marley. He walked around for a bit until he found the best spot in the park, not many people were around that day, so he was thankful it wasn't occupied. After that he texted Marley saying he would be there in twenty minutes, he was really excited. Jake was driving to Marley's mom's when he saw the ice cream shop, he thought it would be a good idea for them to stop there after their picnic. Only a little while later he arrived at Marley's mom's house. He calmly walked up to the door and rang the bell, holding a single rose in his hand.

"Hi, Jake." Marley said opening the door.

"Hey, you ready to go?"

"Yeah." Marley stepped outside and Jake kissed her on the cheek an handed her the rose. He thought she looked gorgeous.

"A rose for Ms. Rose."

"Thank you. It's beautiful." Marley smiled and looked him in the eyes.

"So are you." Marley blushed.

"Shall we go?" Jake said walking to the car. Marley laughed when he walked over to the passengers side and opened the door for her.

"Thank you, Mr. Puckerman." Marley said as she slid inside the car.

"Anything for you." Jake then walked over to the driver's side, got in and started the car. He started driving to the spot he found at the park, lucky no one was there still.

"It's amazing up here." Marley said getting up and walking into the grassy area.

"You can see the entire park up here." Marley said chuckling

"So you like it?" Jake said walking up beside her with the picnic supplies in hand.

"I love it. Here let me hold that." Marley said reaching for the basket.

Jake laid out the blanket and sat down, but not before taking the basket from Marley.

"I made your favorite." Jake said as he took out two already made sandwiches.

"You remembered my favorite sandwich?" Marley smiled.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"That was like a billion years ago!" Marley laughed and so did Jake. Jake took a bite from his sandwich.

"Well, you made it for me so much it became my favorite."

"Oh really?" Marley asked

"Yes. So its your fault." Jake laughed softly and opened the wine, he handed Marley a wine glass after pouring some wine into it. He poured himself a small glass as well.