Chapter ten ~ Happily ever slaughter

A/N

Last part of this story! I'm glad to have finally finished it after almost 3 years since I started. Don't worry, there's going to be a happy ending! But it's a very dark chapter. It's also a short chapter as I'm not in the Akame ga kill fandom anymore (but I'm still cosplaing Nyau occasionally for convention shootings!) and would like to end this story for good. I hope you read any of my other stories after that one! I got plenty of other fandoms I'm in atm.

~~

Shortly after Esdeath and the young Emperor had approved our marriage, It was a very joyful moment that we celebrated with a giant marriage within the castle. But not as joyful as when I found out that, behold, both my parents were found alive and unharmed, they were doing well this entire time! All this and the fact that I was pregnant with the man of my dreams by my side made everything perfect.

A few months later I delivered a healthy baby girl and shortly after she was born, I was already pregnant with our second child. We were hoping it was a boy this time to continue Nyau's legacy and make our son the heir of our family.

But sadly, there was yet another bad incident that would turn everything around. Everything we had worked hard for was almost put in vain. One after one in the castle and around us were slaughtered cold blooded. An Assassin and her team mates that had once kidnapped me came back to take revenge on the monarchy that was going on. They as well suffered some losses of their team mates so they were extra pissed off.

Only me, Nyau, our 4 month old baby girl Maria, Daidara and Liver remained as we made our way far far away from the trouble, in fear of being killed as well. All we wanted now was to live a peaceful life. Nyau and the rest had retired from their duties as Esdeath's Three Beasts as they have feared that Esdeath went batshit crazy after she met a certain someone who would turn her head around. My parents were luckily not involved with any of this so they stayed in my previous home town in safety.

Like mentioned we had to leave Esdeath behind as she believed that she fell in love head over heels with the co-leader of the Assassin group named 'Tatsumi'. We had no other choice than to leave her behind as she was determined to marry him and start a family with this to us unknown man. We would never hear from her ever again after we had left. No more letters were sent to us either. Her whereabouts were unknown for a long period of time. Nyau and the rest were assuring me that she knew what she was doing and hopefully, her dream would have come true. Someday the message had reached us that Esdeath had passed away. It was a shock to all of us.

"I knew this would happen someday. It escalated quickly, man. Good thing we left this place" I muttered as I breast feed our two week old son Nyau Junior. Maria, by then more than a year old, was asleep safe and sound in her baby bed next to our big bed.

On Nyau's cute face formed a very pained facial expression, he was visibly sad hearing the news, but as soon as he saw me breast feeding our son his face lit up in happiness. He made it out, safe and alive. God knows what would have happened to him and the rest of the three beasts if they would have stayed with Esdeath.

Nyau came next to me on the bed and cuddled with us, meanwhile he started to slightly purr. Nyau Junior had the same reaction.

"Nobody can harm us here babe, we are safe. I promise. As long as you remain by my side nothing can happen to you."

Surprised he didn't mention Esdeath at all, I turned my head to him in surprise.

"What about Esdeath though? I thought you were fond of her and saw her as a role model? Are you not sad about her death at all?"

He looked onto the floor with a serious face, I was not used to see him like that. His hair even started to stand up from his head in anger and he clenched his fists on the bedsheets.

"...not after she fell for the helping hand of the Assassin girl we had chased around the country for god knows how long...I'm at least glad to hear that Esdeath and her lover  seem to be both reunited in Nirvana by now. She had lost a big part of her sadistic nature as soon as she fell in love with that man which is a shame. I would have never thought that a simple man like this would make her abandon so many things including us. Before we called off a mission on a cruise ship she claimed that if we would ever to die she would easily replace us with other people, in her eyes people who lose their life's are "weak" like in nature. This made us, the three beasts realize that we shouldn't risk to ever lose our lives over a woman this selfish and narcissistic. That's why we decided to quit our well honored jobs and run away from there with you. The Monarchy started to collapse a long time ago before these Assassins were around, trust me (Y/N), I felt it. We made it out in time before it was too late. And I'm so glad about that. Because now we can live a peaceful life without that hit-man second life. If I wouldn't have met you I think I would have died somewhere along our future missions and no legacy would have continued for me, which is a shame as I'm from Royal blood."

Shortly after all of this, we moved further away as the assassin group drew closer and closer to us. We were all very scared. As soon as we heard that most assassins either passed away or moved on onto other missions, we decided to stop country hoping and stayed where we were. My parents moved nearby so they could visit us often. We received many messages that included the deaths of people we once knew. The Emperor. The prime Minister. And so many more. They were all either murdered or death sentenced.

By the time our second daughter Esdeath was born, we named her in memory of the former Esdeath, we were a happy family of three until I got yet again pregnant a few more times and lived happily as a big family until the end of our days without a bloody mess or endless torture surrounded around us.