Chapter 2 Caring Goat Mom, Dead Mom

"Come! I will guide you through the catacombs." Toriel said Walking off and Edward followed her after picking up a stick.

"So Toriel how long have you monsters been in this mountain?" Edward asked Toriel. "A long time ago" She answered back.

They walked a bit while chatting about snails for dinner and a warning of how he should be careful in the underground and Toriel was solving the puzzle in the cavern when Toriel said. "To make progress here, you will need to trigger several switches, do not worry I have labelled the ones that you need to flip."  And walked off ahead.

Edward walked past a small bridge and saw a switch and walked closer noticing a label on it saying 'Press this one' so he pressed it. He walked with Toriel till she said "Go on press the switch on the left." He pressed the one on the right to see what would happen but nothing happened. "Heheheh no silly I guess curiosity killed the cat when you pressed the one on the right." Toriel giggled. Edward pressed the one on the left and Toriel said "Spendid! I am proud of you, little one, let us move to the next room. And they walked off to the next room.

Upon entering Toriel began explaining. "As a human living in the the underground, monsters may attack you, you will need to be prepared for this situation, however, worry not! The process is simple when you encounter a monster you will have to FIGHT, while you are in a FIGHT, strike up a friendly conversation, stall for time, I will come to resolve the conflict, practice talking to the dummy." Edward walk to the Dummy then entered a FIGHT with the dummy extracting his Soul.

Four options came out in front of Edward saying ×FIGHT ×ACT ×ITEMS ×MERCY "If this is like the Flowey FIGHT before I guess I'll use FIGHT not ACT." Edward said pressing the FIGHT option and attacking the Dummy and finished it.

"Um no I said have a friendly conversation not..." Toriel try to complain. "Sorry but I still have that killer flower in my mind I just couldn't help myself" Edward started to cry. Toriel soothed Edward. "There there my child I am here, sorry about what it did to you no wonder you were destroyed the dummy, come on let's move onward." Toriel apologized and took Edward a little for a walk.

"Here, take my hand my child. "Toriel instructed and walked on a spike maze in a pattern. "Puzzles seems a little dangerous for now." she said. "You kidding I love puzzles when I was 5 the only one that was hard was the cross words one but I'm working on that one." Edward said. "Oh, then come on." She said passing by the room with Edward.

"Well, you have done excellently thus far my child, however... I have a difficult request to ask of you... I would like you to walk to the end of the room by yourself. Forgive me for this." Toriel said leaving Edward alone to fend for himself. Edward was walking down the long hall noticing the pillar was a bit more bigger. He walked close to the pillar seeing the Violet and Blue clothes that looked like Toriel's.

"Oh greetings my child, do not worry I did not leave you, I was merely behind this pillar the whole time, thank you for trusting me, however, there was an important reason for this exercise... to test your independence, I must attend to some business, and you must stay alone for a while, please remain here, it's dangerous to explore by yourself, I have an idea, I will give you a CELL PHONE, if you have a need for anything, just call, be good alright?" Toriel said leaving again. Edward walked a little out the room and pulled out the CELL PHONE to call Toriel. "Hello Toriel speaking, you only wanted to say hello? Well then, Hello! I hope that suffices." She giggled then hung up the phone. Edward then called her again. "Hello Toriel speaking, you want to know more about me? Well I'm staid there's not much to say, I am just a soldier little lady who worries to much!" She said hanging up the phone. And then Edward called her again. "This is Toriel." Toriel started. "Hey mother." Edward said. "Huh? Did you just call me... mom? Well I suppose... Would that make you happy? To call me... mother? Well then call me whatever you like!" And she hung up. Edward didn't bother try to flirt with her. So he continued on to the next room.

"Hello, This is Toriel, you have not left the room have you? There are a few puzzles that I have get to explain, It would be very dangerous to solve them by yourself, be good alright." Toriel said leaving.

Edward has been secretly killing all the monsters he encountered by sparring to secretly sparing to kill before entering the RUINS. And when he reached the end of his route seeing Toriel, she looked worried and saw Edward and said. "Oh my child I heard there was a killer on the loose! Come in the house and relax until the scare passes over." Toriel said worriedly.

"Hey mother can you show me your magic and teach more how it is control?" Edward asked. "Oh but humans can't learn magic my child but I'll show you do I can protect you." Toriel said before sending a blast of fire towards the air and Edward tried it with a ember. "Whoa, what are you?" Toriel asked. "Nothing different than any humans except I'm a little special, but I'm new to it so my magic starts off weak but I'm an angel." Edward told Toriel. "I guess you are if you survived this far, come on let's go inside." Toriel invited Edward. So they lived together as mother and son or teacher and student it's your choice.

~To Be Continued