Disclaimer & Author's Note

Here it is! The moment you and I have all been waiting for. I cannot tell you how long I have been wanting to write this and how many ideas I had for it. There were so many that I simply couldn't include them all, even though I tried. Nevertheless, I think you will all enjoy it! I am very happy with it and I had a great time writing it.

A few important details:

Disclaimer

Instead of saying "I don't own Percy Jackson or anything Marvel, Rick Riordan and Disney do," in every chapter, I'm just gonna say it right here.

I DO NOT OWN PERCY JACKSON OR MARVEL!

There. I said it. I don't want to be bothered to put it in every chapter, so here it is.

Timeline

1) This takes place after Trials of Apollo (MAJOR SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS), but since the final book has not yet been released, I am simply writing based on the assumption that Apollo is a god again and the emperors have been defeated. According to the timeline of the Riordanverse (as I call it), the year is 2011 (the importance of this will be explained in a moment).

2) This takes place just before Infinity War. Essentially, Thanos waits a bit longer to gather the Infinity Stones. Basically, this will be set up so that Infinity War and the resulting events can happen at the end of this story, they're just delayed. According to the MCU timeline, the year is 2018.

3) That leads me to the complication with the years. I do not have the courage to attempt time travel, especially since the MCU now has rules for that, so here is my request for my readers: ignore the dates. Pretend everything is happening concurrently and makes sense, and we should all have a grand old time.

Canon

I will be going off of the books for Percy Jackson for obvious reasons and the movies and accompanying television shows for Marvel (sorry, not the comics). I have adhered to canon as much as possible and tried not to change anything unless absolutely necessary.

Also, I apologize beforehand because I don't write like Rick Riordan or the Marvel screenwriters. My writing will be different than both of theirs, so the personality of each character will most likely be off. I'm doing the best I can. I am not them, therefore I cannot write the way they do.

Another thing, pay attention as you read. Some things that are necessary for this story did not happen in the canon, so I'm setting them up as things that happened in between the series, so the characters might mention them in passing. If you're confused about something, chances are it was mentioned quickly in an earlier chapter.

No clichés

I promise you, this story is different from all the other PJO/Marvel crossovers out there. I looked at them and using them, I am really trying not to do everything that everyone else does. They all seem to have the same plot and I really wanted to make mine different. I am avoiding every cliche I can, I'm doing everything I can to make my story distinct, whether it's a backstory or event or whatever--it's different. So at least read a few chapters before you decide whether or not you want to continue reading.

On to the story?

I think that is all the information you need to know before reading! If something happens within the story that may be confusing or contradictory to canon, chances are high that it will be explained in an author's note at the end of the chapter, so just bear with me. If you still have questions, let me know and I'd be happy to answer them.

Without further ado, please enjoy Demigods Assemble!

Date: Feb 15, 2020