HI, I'M LUNA.

The annoying alarm rings at 6 AM. I open my eyes slowly and sigh in frustration and get up. I open my bedroom door and make my way to the bathroom and close the door behind me. I shower and get out 5 minutes after. I make my way back into my room and open the door to my walk-in closet and pick out an outfit. I pull out a tight white T-shirt and black jeans, along with a black and silver belt. I put on my clothes and make my way to my vanity and blow-dry my dark hair before brushing out the knots. I apply lash gel on my eyelashes and vaseline on my lips. 

I look at myself in front of the mirror and nod in approval before grabbing my backpack and phone and head downstairs. "Good morning mama, good morning baba" I greet my parents with a kiss on each's cheek. "Good morning, sunshine." My dad says and puts down his morning paper. "Is Dylan awake?" My mom asks and i shrug. "I don't know, i'll go check" I get up and run upstairs and open his door harshly. "Ayo, Dyl. You awake?" I ask before spotting him standing in front of his mirror, fixing his hair.

"Yeah, good morning sis." He walks past me after leaving a kiss on my fore head. 

(TIME SKIP TO SCHOOL) 

My brother drops me off at school and drives off to his collage. I take a deep breath and put a smile on my face before opening the doors to the school and walk in. Everyone starts with their "Good morning, Luna"'s and i greet them all back whilst making my way to my locker. I get a message from the group chat and keep walking whilst focusing on my phone before accidentally bumping into someone. "Oh my god, i'm so sorry!" I look up and see familiar blue eyes looking at me. "It's okay" Billie says and keeps walking. "Wait, Billie!" She turns around and gives me a weird look.

"Uhm.. I'm Luna. " I take my hand out for her to shake. "I know who you are, Jamaal." She chuckles and keeps walking. I raise my eyebrows and shrug. That was a start.. right? I wanna try to become her friend. I bet she's cool once you get to know her, but people here are so quick to judge. "Luna Jamaal to the principal's office, Luna Jamaal to the principal's office." i hear from the speakers. I put my things in my locker and make my way to Mr. Bret's office. I knock and hear a "Come in". I open the door and smile at the principal. "Good morning, Mr. Bret." He nods his head as a response and gestures me to sit on one of the chairs in front of his desk

"So, Ms. Jamal," He clears his throat. "As the class president, you need to make an effort to make everyone in your class to feel involved, right?" I nod, "I'm gonna have to need you to try to make Ms. O'Connell feel involved as well." I sigh and look down. "I've tried multiple times, Mr. Bret, but she doesn't bother to react at all." 

"You're an amazing student, Luna. You're the heart of this school. I bet there isn't a thing you can't do. Billie is really struggling with a lot of the subjects that you master. Subjects like math and history. I've decided to make you her tutor to help her get better at the subjects. She didn't complain." I look at him with confusion. "Tutor her?!" I ask and he nods. "Sounds like you're complaining, Ms. Jamaal." 

"No, no it's not like that! It's just.. what if she doesn't like me?" He shakes his head. "Don't worry, she will."

(Last two periods)

"Alright, class" Mrs. Devon, our math teacher walks into our class and sets her things on the teacher's desk. "Turn to page 43" She says while sitting down. I take out my math book and turn to page 43. Mrs. Devon starts explaining what we were learning and writing things on the whiteboard. "Alright class, i'm gonna need you to start working on the two pages now. Ms. Jamaal, could you come up here for a second?" I nod and stand up, making my way towards Mrs. Devon's desk.

"Can you do me a favor and help Billie with these pages? She's really struggling with this subject and needs your help. Also, you'll be tutoring her everyday after school. Is that okay?" She asks and i look at Billie who was sitting far back in the class room, sketching something on a piece of paper. I look back at Mrs. Devon. "I won't disappoint you." I smile and she smiles back, placing her hand on mine. "I know you won't, you're a good student." 

"Thank you" She nods and i walk back to my seat and grab my books and make my way to sit next to Billie. "I bet you heard the news" I smile and sit down. She looks at me like she was really not happy about me sitting next to her. "I'm your new tutor, get used to it." She sighs and goes back to sketching. I shake my head slightly and read what the task was and looked back at Billie who was staring at me. It kind of caught me off guard, her eyes are really attractive. That's kind of also the only thing you can see from her face besides her eyebrows.

"Uhm- Okay so," I felt my cheeks heat up a little from her intense staring. I think she noticed because she raised a brow at me. That just caught me off guard even more and i saw amusement in her eyes. "Just speak, Jamaal." She blurted out and i cleared my throat. She's intimidating. 

"Do you know how to use percentage?" I ask and she just looks at me like she didn't give no shits. "Well let's say you want to find 20% of something. You divide the number by 100 and multiply the number you get by the percentage.." She looked at me up and down. "A-and that's how y-you find..the..percentage.." I could see her smirking under the black mask. 

"I know." She says. "You know? Then why did you just make me explain?" I ask, clearly annoyed. "I didn't tell you to explain, mamas. I basically didn't react at all, you did it yourself." That word. That nickname SENT me. I just sat there. "And you don't seem to be reacting either.." She waved her hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my thoughts and moved her hand that was full of rings away from my face. 

"Ahem- sorry for that. Let's continue." I say and quickly turn back to the book.