Chapter 1

Deku's POV*

I restlessly lay in bed, arms folded over my eyes. Sleep drifted around me like a ghost, but it mocked me by ignoring my calls for it to overtake me. Instead, my mind was laden with thoughts that swirled in my brain, jumping from one thing to the next like rabbits on a high. They were confusing and worrying and irrelevant. There, the most frustrating part. These thoughts were not thoughts I should be having. They shouldn't concern me. But they did. What was wrong with me?

I was so close to graduating my first year at UA, and I couldn't sleep. I just kept thinking and analysing, and thinking again.

Over the last year, we, Class 1-A, were attacked by villains several times, and we hadn't seen them in months. So why was I so worried? I tossed under my blankets, ending up lying on my stomach. I suddenly knew why I was anxious. The League of Villians was still out there, lurking under the streets I walked on, waiting. Planning. Preparing. Lead by the man I feared the most besides from All For One, Tomura Shigaraki was relentless in getting to my classmates and me. I squirmed at the thought. I didn't want any of then to get hurt...

Swinging myself out of bed, I felt my feet collide with the soft carpet of the floor. I needed to move. I wasn't sure why, but I couldn't lie here anymore.

Tiptoeing over to the door, I quietly turned the doorknob. I cringed when it made the loudest creaking noise I'd ever heard. Or maybe it was because I didn't want to wake anyone.

The door opened, and I carefully, silently shut it. Glancing around, I scanned the hallways for any of my classmates. Silver moonlight sunk in from the night sky, casting dreary shadows up and down the halls. The silence was....eerie. No bird called, none of my classmates chatted, and no crickets chirped constantly. I wasn't used to this, I hadn't really been outside of my room at night. What? Oh, no. I know what you're thinking, but I wasn't scared. Just...cautious.

Setting off at a slow pace down the hall to my left, my feet, brain and body cheered for joy at the movement. What if I...

No, my mind said, flat out, You shouldn't go practising outside at night. Mr Aizawa will have a heart attack. You'll be cleaning the dorms again.

Sighing, I headed in another direction. I didn't know where I was going, just that I wasn't going to train. It was a shame. Training took my mind off things and gave me something to do, but the danger was too great. If I got kidnapped or hurt, they'd be no one around to help me.

I walked past Todoroki's door and stopped briefly at it. Todoroki was one of my best friends, even if the relationship was a little....complicated. I wasn't going to wake him now, that would be rude. But I wondered if I could ask him for advice. He'd given me it on several occasions, but...I shook my head at the thought. I didn't need Todoroki at the moment. No, he wasn't the answer this time.

I continued walking, amusing myself with thinking of who could possibly help me. Iida? No. He'd just tell me to take sleeping pills or something. I chuckled at the thought. All Might? He was tired these days, and I found myself thinking more and more he wouldn't be around to help me forever. I'd always turned to All Might, but now I felt I needed to gain some other confidant. Eri? What the heck, Izuku! Pull yourself together, she's a traumatised kid! You can't ask her for advice! You're supposed to be watching out and caring for her, not giving her something to worry about.

Growling, I started to get frustrated. Who on earth could I turn to? I needed someone my own age, someone who I could trust. Kacchan? Ha. He wasn't the type to help out with this sort of thing. Kacchan was more of a 'beat the hell out of it' person. While I liked and respected him, this situation shouldn't be put into his hands.