Chapter 3

*Deku's POV*

I watched Uraraka's retreating and sighed. I wish I could go with her, but I think Todoroki and Asui might get the wrong idea.

I looked down at my half-finished breakfast and suddenly didn't feel hungry anyway. Standing up to go put my tray away, Todoroki said,

"Wait a second, Midoriya. I'll come with."

He pushed his chair out and followed me out the door. Once we'd put the trays away, he turned to me.

"What's going on with you and Uraraka?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I better go get changed. I'll see you soon."

Todoroki nodded and walked off.

"See you soon," he said.

I was heading toward my room when I heard a loud shriek.

"MIDORIYA!"

Oh no. I knew that voice.

Turning slowly from my bedroom door, I smiled awkwardly at the newcomers.

"H-hey guys."

Mineta and Kaminari stood there. Kaminari had his hands on his hips, and Mineta was frowning in the most menacing way possible for a guy his size.

"What was that about you being in the girls hallway last night?!" Mineta growled. I shook my head taking a step back. I knew when I first saw them just now that they had overheard the conversation.

"N-no guys. I swear, it was an accident."

Kaminari rushed forward and grabbed me by the shoulders. Mineta clenched his fists at me.

"Don't lie to us. What were you doing down that hall last night?" He yelled.

Oh, damn. They weren't going to believe me.

"Guys, it was an accident. I wasn't watching where I was going and I ended up there," I said, "actually, I was freaked. It was scary."

Both Mineta and Kaminari didn't buy it. They scowled.

"So," Mineta grunted, "You automatically went to the girl's hallway. What does that say about it, huh?"

I froze. What?! Do these guys always find a way to make perverted assumptions?

"What?! N-no!"

"Ha!" Kaminari said in an especially loud voice, "Is that where you have been the last few nights? Why you-!"

He started to shake me vigorously.

"Tell us! Is that where you've been? Is it!" Mineta howled. I shook my head, eyes wide as Kaminari moved me dizzily back and forth.

"No! I wasn't!" I said.

"Alright! What's going on here!" Barked a familiar voice.

Kaminari stopped shaking me, and they both turned. Iida was standing there, looking very disappointed.

"Move on Kaminari, Mineta!" He exclaimed, as the pair sent a glare my way and started to stomp off, "And no detours, Mineta, or Mr Aizawa will hear of this!"

I righted myself and turned to Iida.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it. Just get ready for class," he said, "I need to go myself. I will see you soon."

***

Saturday came. I wasn't planning anything special, just to study for the test. What else could I do? I needed to pass this and get a high mark. That all changed when I went to breakfast.