Chapter 6

*Deku's POV*

The whole class surrounded me like flies to honey as I stepped into the Common room.

They all asked me if Uraraka was okay, if she was alive, where she got hit.

I answered as best I could before going to my room. It had been a long day, and I needed to study.

I quietly opened the door. It was just as I felt it. I closed the door behind me and practically flung myself onto the bed. I wondered if Recovery Girl was done. I wondered if Uraraka was alright. What kind of brain damage had she taken? I felt sick at the thought. I didn't want to be the cause of her in a wheelchair or something. I shivered. No. No, she's fine. She'd be fine.

I got up and headed over to my desk. I needed to study, no matter how much I wanted to see Uraraka.

I flicked the light on, sat down and started to study.

I wonder if....I slammed my fist on the table in frustration. I couldn't do anything like this. Urgh!

Getting up, I stomped over to the door. What I needed to do was move.

***
I kicked violently at the air. I don't know why I was mad, just that I was. Grrrr.

I punched a tree trunk, and it creaked eerily. Why. Was. I. So. Feed. UP!

"Midoriya," I heard a voice say behind me. I sighed, and slowly turned around.

Asui was standing there, a sad look on her face. Was she okay?

"What's up?" I asked, keeping a light smile on my face. Asui sat down and patted the concrete beside her.

Once I was sitting next to her, she turned to me.

"You're worried about Ochaco," she said. My mouth fell open. She just...said it. Alright. But what did she want?

"You're worried about Ochaco, Midoriya. I can tell, ribbit."

Should I-

"Yes," I muttered, "I'm really worried for her."

"Midoriya, you like her."

Now I was in shock. How did she-

"I know because you guys...look at each other more often than not. You hold each others gazes longer than normal, and you genuinely care about each other."

I squirmed.

"I-I suppose," I murmured. Asui stared at the ground for a while. I was getting increasingly uncomfortable.

"Why don't you do something about it?" She said. I blanched.

"Wha-"

"I know you're shy," she said, "But I think it would work really well. You guys need to stop being so....secretive. You need to come out and say it."

"I-I don't know-" I started.

"Midoriya," Asui sighed, "You're only hesitating because you're scared. You're scared she'll turn you down, but she won't. Truth is, she likes you. No, she loves you. Absolutely adores you. You're just to dumb to see it. She's always watching you, asking if you're okay, making sure you don't get hurt. Ochaco likes you. Really, really like you."

"But, Asui," I said, but corrected myself when she sent this look my way, "I mean, Tsu, I almost killed her today. Do you think I'll ever be able to make it up to-"

"You can," Asui said, "You can make it up to her. By telling her how you truly feel. Nothing will make her happier."

With that, Asui stood up and strode back inside. I sat there for a while longer, wondering if she was right.