Chapter 5

*Deku's POV*

I sat at my desk, finishing up an assignment. The exams were tomorrow, and I needed to get this done. I usually had this kind of thing finished by now, but my friends had dragged me to the beach. Not that I regretted it.....

It was after lunch, and most of the class was still chatting, waiting for Mr. Aizawa to come.

Kacchan sat on his desk in front of me, arguing with Kirishima about some sort of video game. Kacchan never struck me as that type to even talk about it. Kirishima was trying to convince him that Halo was better than Call of Duty. Kacchan snorted and argued back in an overly violent manner.

Iida was talking to Tsu about the exams. Todoroki and Momo were sitting at their desk, and Momo was turned to Todoroki in her seat. The conversation was to quiet for me to hear, but I wasn't bothered about that. They could have privacy.

Kaminari and Mineta were throwing suspicious glares at me. Mina was finishing something with Uraraka, and she walked over to Kirishima and Kacchan, joining in the argument.

Uraraka sat alone, quietly watching everyone else. I stared at her for a bit. It wasn't hard, she was nice to watch and observe. I still wondered what she really wanted to tell me last night.

I heard the door slide open and everyone rush to their seats as Mr Aizawa walked sleepily over to the desk up front of the class.

"Alright. Quiet," he said, in his usual bored drone, "we have decided that you will start the practical part of the exam a little early. You will be doing the written exam on Thursday. Today, you will make a pair and train for the duration of our class time. Any questions?"

Iida's hand shot up.

"Yes, Iida," Mr Aizawa asked.

"Sir! What is our practical exam?"

"You will be told in due time. I will read out the pairs."

The class groaned. Most of them wanted to choose their own pairs.

"Quiet down. Now; Kirishima and Bakugo."

Kirishima grinned and glanced at Kacchan. Kacchan just grunted.

"Tokoyami and Asui."

"Yaoyorozu and Todoroki."

"Iida and Sero."

"Mineta and Ashido."

Ashido groaned, putting her head in her hands. Mineta smirked.

"Kaminari and Ojiro."

Mr Aizawa kept listing names, and, finally, he said,

"Midoriya...."

I crossed my fingers as my fate was sealed,

"And Uraraka."

I gasped and looked across the room. Our eyes met, and I instantly wondered what she was thinking. Im so hopeless. Oh no, oh no, damn it. What was I going to do?

***
We all suited up and headed out to the training area. The sky was clear and cloudless as we separated into our groups to practice.

Uraraka and I trained for the next hour. I think I was distracted, because at one point Kacchan yelled at me to pay more attention. I really was trying, but Uraraka kept standing next to or in front of me to talk about our next plan of action. She was usually close enough that I could see the deep, dark brown ring in her eyes, close enough that I could make out her scent. She always smelt of Cherry blossoms, with a faint, lingering breath of peaches.