Chapter 14

*Ochaco's POV*

The sounds of graduation were far behind us. It was just Deku and I, wondering slowly around the grounds. Trees rustled in the wind, the full moon glowed bright and mysterious.

Our injures were healing, and healing fast. We'd been released from hospital, the heroes had finally stopped scolding me, and life was good. There was just one thing left to do before it was perfect.

"Have I thanked you for saving my life yet?" Deku asked, a smile on his face. I shrugged.

"Only about a dozen or so times," I replied. Deku threaded an arm around my waist and said;

"Then let me make that two dozen. Ochaco, I'm so grateful that you had the courage to save my sorry butt. You're so strong, and brave, and....beautiful. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!"

I grinned. He was so adorable.

"I'd do anything for you, Deku."

Silence fell for a long, long moment as we both considered those words, and our feelings. Finally, I broke the quiet.

"Deku?" I murmured.

"Yeah?"

"Was your quirk really passed down to you?" I asked.

Deku gave this weird half gasp, half choking sound. He gazed at me, emerald eyes wide.

"W-what?!"

"Was your quirk really passed down to you?" I repeated.

Deku was dead quiet for a time. His face flipped from puzzled, to thoughtful, to shocked.

"I-I-" He stuttered, "Where did you get this information?!"

I sighed.

"From the doctor that watched me when I was hostage to the League of Villians. He told me why they wanted you, and explained your quirk to me."

Deku's hand flew to his forehead.

"How much do you know?" He asked, insistently. I shrugged.

"Most of it, I think."

"So," he whispered, "You know who had my quirk before me?"

I nodded.

"All Might. That's why your quirks are so similar. They're the same."

"You know who's out to get me?"

"All For One."

"How the quirk came to be?"

"All For One and his brother."

"Aww, Man."

Deku shook his head.

"I didn't know you-"

"I won't tell anyone!" I said, quickly, "I'll keep it a secret!"

Deku laughed.

"Are this rate, the whole class will know!" He said, gripping his mass of green hair. I put a hand on his arm.

"Deku, how many people know?" I asked. Deku sighed.

"Four. Myself, All Might, Kacchan and....my girlfriend."

My mouth fell open.

"G-girlfriend?!"

"Well, yeah. At least, if she wants to be," Deku whispered, smiling at me. I blushed like mad.

"I-I-" I stuttered, "......maybe....."

"Maybe?"

Deku raised an eyebrow and his smile widened into a grin.

"I know," he said, "I'll kiss you, and then you won't be able to resist me!"

"Wait!" I gasped, "wha-"

But it was already to late. Deku hadn't closed in, leaned down and kissed me before I could get a word in edge wise.

Oh, gosh, kissing him felt so good! I felt his arms go about my waist, and put mine around his neck. How long had I wanted this? Since, what, a few months into the first year? I didn't know. I was kinda hard to think when the guy is both kissing you and kissing you really well. Had he had practice?!

I pulled away briefly and whispered, frantically,

"Where did you learn to kiss so well?!"

Deku grinned impishly.

"This is my first time as well."

I huffed.

"Well, you're pretty good at it."

Deku laughed.

"So, how long have you liked me?" He asked.

I didn't hesitate in answering.

"Do you remember the exam when we faced all those teachers?" I asked. Deku nodded.

"Y-yes. I was paired with Kacchan...."

"Exactly. Do you remember when Aoyama and I were facing Thirteen, and I accidently let go?"

"Yes. It looked like you were talking," he observed. I blushed.

"T-thats because we were. I admired you so much, that I'd started to think, "what would Deku do?". Aoyama is damn well observant, because he asked me if I was thinking about you. I blushed, and he said: 'You like him, don't you?' I realised I did, and let go of the railing I was holding onto in surprise."

By this point, poor Deku was beet red. I sighed.

"Yeah, I know it's weird, but-"

"I had no idea."

The words came abruptly. I laughed and said;

"I hope not! I didn't want you to know I had a big fat crush on you!"

"Yes," he replied, "but-"

I put a finger to his lips.

"I know your brain is sending out fireworks at the moment," I whispered, "but don't worry about those fireworks for now. Just take a breath, look at me and believe what I say right now: I love you."

Deku's gorgeous, bright eyes widened. He was surprised, and that was cute.

"I love you too."

Smiling, I intertwined his hand with mine. Deku glanced down at our hands.

"Does it.....disgust you? Do you.....hate it?" He asked. I gave him a puzzled look.

"What?"

"My hand," he mumbled, "my scars........"

I glanced down at his hand and brought it up to our eyes level, then met his eyes.

"And why would I hate these?" I inquired. Deku blushed and wouldn't meet my gaze.

"Well, their scars......"

"Deku. Look at me."

He did, and I gazed into those enchanting green eyes with my whole soul. 

"Deku, I love these scars. They're a symbol of bravery, honor and heroics. You're the most amazing person I have ever met. Keep being who you are, and never change."

Deku put his arms around me again, touched his forehead with mine and murmured,

"I love you with everything I have. Never doubt it, and never change either, Ochaco Uraraka."

Then he kissed me again.

Life was perfect.