Chapter 13

*Ochaco's POV*

The night was silent as we crept to the side of the building. The other heroes dispersed, going their separate ways into the building.

We waited in anxious silence. That was all we could do, being the only squad waiting outside, not directly engaged in the fight.

All was quiet. For too long. Moments passed. Stars glittered above, dark clouds masking the moon's bright glow. The sound of me, Thirteen, Above's hoarse breathing as we waited. My hand pressed against the ground below me, my body poised for action. The silence stretched out like a python, and my stomach twisted with dread. Oh no. Something was wrong. There should've been fighting by now, maybe a little yelling. What if-

Suddenly, a huge explosion sounded. The building in front of us erupted in flames. A screeching yell echoed, agonised and outraged. A figure launched into the air, thin grey strands swirling around them. Eraser Head.

His eyes glowed through the darkness, his goggles swinging around his neck. Something else shot into the air next to him, and Eraser was momentarily surprised into hesitation. Then he darted in the opposite direction. The other figure, which I assumed was a villian, followed him in quick succession and they vanished into the night.

Meanwhile, at the blown apart building, a fight was going on. The heroes were trying, but there seemed to be more villians than first estimated.

One of the heroes, Droid, tried to slice a villain in the face with his hands. Which were swords. At first, I thought that it was probably really hard to do basic things in life, like pick up a fork, until I head that Droid can turn his sword hands into normal hands when he wants. So....

Anyway, that's beside the point.

Droid lunged forward, but the villian, obviously expecting the move, dodged the attack. As Droid stumbled, the villain twisted and did some weird arching chop into his neck. No, it wasn't a karate chop. Droid yelled in pain as a spurts of blood showered the ground around them.

The villain loomed above Droid, a cruel, evil smirk on his face.

"Vengeance!" He roared, turning away from Droid and going after some of the other heroes. 

I felt Above's body tense and untense behind me. He could barely hold himself still, and I knew the feeling.

"We have to help," he whispered to Thirteen.

Yes, BTW I am aware that Thirteen doesn't have a distinct gender.👍😊😄 it's just easier to give Thirteen one, and since I think the hero sound like a chic, Thirteen is a 'she' in my fanfic. Lol!

Thirteen put a gloved hand on Above's chest as he moved forward. 

"No," she muttered, "the circumstance hasn't gotten dire yet. Wait a moment, we-"

"HEROES!"

A voice rang out over the battle field, loud, clear and brimming with threat. I recognised the voice. Tomura Shigaraki.

The heroes abruptly turned their attention toward him, and the other villians stopped as well. They had triumphant smiles on their faces.

"Heroes!" Shigaraki repeated, "I have something you want! Something you have come for!"

Shigaraki shoved forward a small figure with an unruly mass of.....green hair. Deku.

Deku staggered forward, and I saw his form immediately fall to the ground, drenching in blood and looking close to death.