Chapter 4

*Deku's POV*

After we got food (Todoroki and Momo decided to come), we headed back towards the dorms. I was so anxious to study, it wasn't funny.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow," I said, turning towards Uraraka. She smiled.

"Of course. I'll see you later."

I wonder if I should......

"Do you need any help with studying?!" I burst out. Uraraka glowed red.

"Um, well, I could definitely use some. But I don't want to interrupt your evening-"

"No," I cut in, "I would be happy to help you."

We both stared, blushed, and stared again. Damn it. Averting my eyes, I said,

"Where do you want to meet up?"

"Oh, I don't mind."

What an easygoing girl. I loved it.

"How about my room in twenty minutes then?"

Uraraka grinned.

"Okay."

***
I flicked on the lamp and sat down at my desk, opening my laptop. I'd just study until Uraraka got here. With her around, I wouldn't be able to concentrate in the slightest. Which wasn't a bad thing......

"Damn it, Izuku," I muttered to myself, "Why do you have to complicate things?"

I heard a knock at the door and jumped.

"Come in!" I called.

Uraraka opened the door and stepped in slowly, glancing around. I really should have put away my All Might figures.

I sent her a kind smile.

"Hey. You ready to study?"

"For sure. Let's do this."

I was right. With her next to me, I couldn't concentrate one bit. My eyes kept wandering casually over her. Urgh. Why did this have to happen right before exams?!

"Deku," Ochaco asked slowly, "I-I need to tell you something. Something important."

Important? I snapped out of my trance. What could she possibly have to say?

"Yeah?" I gave her a curious look.

She had an anxious look on her face. And there was something else too.....it was as though she was trying to make up her mind about something. I waited patiently as she battled herself and then, finally, seemed to come to a decision. She glanced up at me.

"I-I can't seem to concentrate," she muttered, looking down at her hands and blushing. I smiled. She was so cute.

"Forgive me, but I think I'll go back to my room. Goodnight."

Awwww. I'd hoped she would stay longer, but I couldn't do anything now. So I sent her a grin and a wave as she headed towards the door.

"Goodnight."

I suddenly had a suspicion that her not being able to concentrate wasn't what she wanted to tell me. I wondered what was.

*Uraraka's POV*

As I walked out of Deku's room, I internally slapped myself. URGH!

I was so stupid. Why did I think for one second that I should tell him about the huge crush I'd had for ages now? Hadn't I sworn to keep that a secret, to help the both of us? Urgh. I didn't know what to do anymore. I think all I could do was to hold onto what little sanity I had left.