Chapter 9

*Uraraka's POV*

"What about Deku's quirk?!" I cried, "what hasn't he told me?!"

Doctor Takeo turned towards me, a menacing grin on his face.

"Do you want to know?" He asked. That's when I hesitated. Did I want to invest in Deku's secret, or......? I decided I needed to know. It might help me save him.

"Yes. I do."

"Well then," Doctor Takeo said, seating himself on a stool across from me, "let us begin. Many years ago, All For One gave a quirk to his brother, since he appeared to be quirkless. It turned out, this brother did have a quirk. It was the quirk to pass on quirks. So, One For All was passed down generation after generation, each one a sworn enemy to All For One. Until it was given to All Might, which he then passed it to Midoriya. Naturally, you can see why we want him."

I sneered.

"Why won't you just leave him alone? It's not like he poses a threat to you........"

That's when I realised I was wrong. If there was one person I knew that could pose a threat (beside Kacchan, but he's a spaz) it was Deku. Oh no. What was I going to do?!

"What's better," the doctor went on, "is that we both know Midoriya won't hesitate to come after you."

He smirked menacingly. I gasped.

No. No, no, no, no, NO! I thrashed against the bands binding me to the bed, panic coursing through my veins. I needed to stop Deku before he did something stupid!! DEKU! My eyes filled with tears. I couldn't get free, and there was no way to tell him!

"DAMN IT!" I screamed. I hadn't realised I'd said that aloud. Doctor Takeo stood up, smirked at me one last time, and left the room.

I couldn't hold them back. The tears spilled onto my cheeks, and I started to sob. I'd never felt so powerless before.

"I see our Damsel in distress is.....distressed."

My head snapped toward the door. It hurt a lot, but I knew that voice. And it wasn't a pleasant familiarity.

"SHIGARAKI!"

The villian stepped into the room, closed the door behind him and walked over to my bed. I glared daggers at him, daring him to come closer. Shigaraki just snorted in laughter.

"You don't know how much fun this is," he said, grinning maliciously. Oh, he was so bloody annoying.

"Of course," I hissed, "Mocking and hurting others is all in a days work for a villian. You people never care for those around you, and delight in torturing the victim and their loved ones. You're a monster."

I expected him to laugh again, but instead, he stiffened.

"I'll make you pay for that," he growled.

With that, Shigaraki stomped out of the room and slammed the door behind him.

I stared after him. Was that all he wanted to say? Strangely, I felt like he had wanted to say more. But something I had said made him hesitate......