Chapter 7

*Uraraka's POV*

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head. Damn, what happened? I tired to sit up, but the pain spiked. I grunted in agony and fell back on the pillows. Where was I?

"Oh, you're awake," said a voice from across the room. I turned my head in the direction the sound was coming from only to stop midway. It just hurt too much.

"Don't move your head, you've suffered a grave injury," grunted the voice.

A doctor came into view. He had large goggles, a grey mustache and white robes.

"W-where am I?"

"In an emergency clinic. Or, more specifically, my lab."

For some weird reason, I felt fear twist my stomach. Something was off.

"Your Lab?" I croaked. The man nodded.

"Yes, indeed."

"Why am I in a lab?"

"Let's just say you won't be leaving anytime soon."

What was going on? And why was I so terrified?

"Um, was my injury really that bad?"

"No."

"What's your name?"

"Doctor Takeo," he whispered softly.

Odd. I had never heard the name, but I was still getting a...dangerous vibe.

"When will I be leaving?"

"I'm not sure if you'll even be leaving, Ochako Uraraka."

I choked. What? Why wouldn't I leave? Was my injury fatal? Wait - HOW DID HE KNOW MY NAME?!

"H-how do you know me?!" I squeaked. A grin spread across his face. It creeped me out.

"Ochako Uraraka, quirk, Zero Gravity. First year at UA in class 1-A. And....best friend to Izuku Midoriya."

What? I'm so confused. Why was that relevant? Unless......

"What do you want with Deku?!" I yelled. Doctor Takeo scoffed.

"Deku? You call him by his hero name?"

"No, I called him Deku before we registered hero names. Now, what do you want with him?!"

"My boss has taken a special liking to him," Doctor Takeo said, calmly, "We believe he is All Might's successor, and, most importantly, the ninth holder of One For All."

"One For All? All Might's successor? What are you talking about?" I cried.

"You mean...he hasn't told you?"

I hesitated. Did this man know something about Deku that I didn't? Something...important?

Whatever the secret, whatever the reason, I suddenly knew Deku was in serious trouble.