Chapter 2

*Ochaco's POV*

I yawned as I got a glass of water. I wished I could have helped Deku more, but that was the only thing I could offer. I couldn't say The League of Villians weren't coming back, and I couldn't hug him or anything. I sighed. I wish I could, it'd be so nice to...I stomped on the thought like a herd of wild elephants. I promised myself during the Provisional Licensing exam that'd I would put those feelings away. It was better for us both, I didn't want to complicate things with my silly imaginings and wantings. Besides, it just wouldn't work.

I drained my glass and hurried back to my room, a certain boy still on my mind. I loved his green hair, emerald eyes and freckles. I loved the ridiculous red shoes that he wore every day without fail. I loved his sweet, compassionate personality, I loved his flaws, and how ordinary he was. But to me, he wasn't ordinary. He was kind, amazing and an absolute hero. And I hated that we could never be together.

I felt stupid tears slip onto my cheeks and I furiously wiped them away. What the heck. Why couldn't I stop thinking about him! It was driving me nuts! I shook my head and entered my room, flinging under the blankets. Stupid, that's what I was. Completely, utterly stupid. Curling up, I hugged myself, hands around my legs. I stayed like that, fuming at myself, and feeling so worthless until I drifted off into a distressed sleep.

***
The next morning, I was in my uniform walking down to breakfast. Tsu was beside me, glancing at me every so often. Lately, most of the class went down to breakfast in either their pyjamas or some casual clothes they threw on. Only Iida really went down in his uniform, and he always lectured the people still in pyjamas. I laughed at the thought. Deku usually...

Uraraka! I screamed to myself, pull yourself together!

I sighed and kept my eyes on the floor.

Abruptly, Tsu stepped in front of me, with the I-want-to-talk face on. I braced myself.

"What's wrong, Ochaco? You look like you haven't slept a wink, and your walking with your shoulders slouched like you're upset. What happened last night?"

"L-last night?" I stuttered. Tsu nodded.

"Yeah. You were perfectly happy when we went to bed, and this morning you're sulking. So what's up?"

"Nothing!" I said, brightly, "I'm perfectly happy!"

Tsu grunted. I'd never really heard her do that before.

"Ribbit! No, you're not. We both know you'll tell me, so you might as well do it."

Why did I feel like I was at an interrogation? I exhaled heavily in a huff.

"Fine."

I turned to her, folding my arms.

"Last night, on my way to get a drink, I bumped into Deku."

Tsu's eyebrows shot up.

"Ribbit? Midoriya?"

"Yeah."

"Why exactly is that a-" she stopped mid-sentence, narrowing her eyes at me.

"What?" I asked. Tsu shook her head.

"Never mind. Let's get to breakfast."

"Hey, guys!"

We whipped around as Mina skipped up to us. Her pink skin seemed to glow in the morning light, and a big grin was plastered to her face. She was in her pyjamas, and she stared at me like I was an alien from out of space.

"Ochaco, why are you already in your uniform? And carrying your bag?" She asked. I shrugged, offering a simple explanation.

"I'm leaving for school right after breakfast."