Chapter 6

Violet

Violet

"Hey Vi! Sorry, I am running late. I will be there as soon as I possibly can. Hope you understand love" Leo was running late. Violet Harris was not at all pleased about him ditching her on their dinner date. Every Wednesday night they made plans to have dinner with each other. And catch up gossip in their lives.

"You will be sorry when I am done with you Leo!" grumbles an unhappy Violet as she deletes his voicemail. She throws her phone back in her purse. She waits for a table. She was starving. She had been so busy she nearly did not have time to eat. She wished her parents would get back to the states so that she would not have so much to do on her plate.

"Miss. Harris? Your table is ready! Come this way" a waiter informs her interrupting her thoughts.

She nods as she gets up from her bench. She follows the waiter to a nice little table. There was violin music playing in the back ground. It was a nice atmosphere. Not to noisy. Not to quite. It was just right for her. The waiter seated her by the window as she had requested on the phone the night before.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Thank you" she replies after he holds out the chair for her.

"You're welcome. Here is our menu. The special is on this piece of paper in the middle printed out for you. Can I start you off with a drink?" he offers.

"Certainly. I would like a white wine. Grape. Nothing to potent please" remarks Violet.

"Only the best for you Madame" replies the waiter.

"Sure, make it snappy" she sighs. It had been a long day.

"Long day Madame?" he asks as though he read her thoughts.

"You have no idea" she sighs.

"Are you ready to order yet?" he wonders hopefully.

"No, come back with my drink and I will let you know" she mumbles.

She hated it when they rushed her to order. The man left her alone. Should she wait for her friend before she ordered? She was starving. She really was not sure how much longer she could wait. And everything on the menu sounded wonderful of course.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"An hour late now. Leo, you are in mighty big trouble sir" grumbles Violet as she gets her phone out of her clutch purse. She rang Leo's cell phone. It went right to his voicemail.

"Leo? You had better be here soon! Or you are going to be sorry. You know that? No one stands up Violet Harris for any reason" she begins to ramble on.

"Well, well, someone sure has a temper now don't we?" someone familiar remarks to her. She looks up to see that Ashton Maxford again.

"I will have to let you go Leo. But you better be here. SOON" she snaps before hanging up.