Chapter 19

Ashton

Ashton

Ashton watched as his mother and father walked out of the office hand in hand. Things worked out in the end. They had a family meeting.

His father was heading off to the court house to marry his mother. Ashton was really not sure what to make of it all. But at least his parents were happy.

Right?

That was all that mattered. He wished they could have worked things out a long time ago. Would he ever be able to commit to a woman? Why was Violet trying to reach him? He let her go.

He thought that was what she wanted after all. He left her alone. Though he missed her. His body ached for her. She haunted his dreams at night.

Ashton sighed as he ran his fingers in his hair. He had decided to work late. He did not have much work that needed to be done. But at least it was better than going home to an empty home. Reminding him of how empty his life really had become. Ashton turned on his computer as he begins to get back to work.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Well look what the cat dragged in" he hears someone say. He looks up. Violet.

"What are you doing here?" he wonders softly. She smiles as she sits down in front of him.

"Not a proper way to greet a lady. Working late?" she asks as she props her feet on his desk and makes herself at home there in his office.

"Violet you did not answer me. What are you doing here?" he asks her.

"I have a business deal to discuss with you" she replies. He blinks looking surprised.

"You do?" he wonders. She nods. She pulls out papers from her purse. She spreads them on the desk for him to look over.

"I was thinking of your little idea to marry. And merge the families' together. I think it might just might be a good idea after all" she replies.

"What? You do?" he stammers.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

She nods.

"I do. We would both profit from this. Look over these numbers" she demands as she points to the paper work.

"Is this a plan for marriage?" he asks feeling shock wash over him.

"Sure is" she tells him.

"No, I won't sign" he snaps.

She looks surprised by his sharp remark.

"Violet my answer is no" he says sternly.

"I think you need to look over the contract one more time. After all this is what you dreamed up" she says dully.

"Vi, we are terribly wrong for each other. We have clashed from day one. We are both stubborn. It would never work we both want to be the one in charge. Simple it won't work" he says sternly. She blinks looking hurt for a moment.

"Fine, Mr. Maxford. Have it your way" she says coldly. She gets up and walks off. His heart aches. How could he let her walk out? He groans. He grabs the contract she left on his desk.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

He read the whole thing over. It read "The Billion Dollar Marriage Deal" She had everything planned and laid out. One thing he missed. Kids. The issue of kids. She was having his baby?

He places the paper closer to his face. She was indeed having his child. She had stated they would both have custody of the child in the marriage. When had this happened? Was this why she had been so urgent to contact him?

This was more than the child. She came to him. She never did those things. She always said she never chased after anyone. Yet she had come after him. That had to mean something....she loved him in return. Like a fool he let her go! He set the contract down on his desk.

"Maybe she is still there" he mutters.

She had just left. He rushes out of his office to chase Violet down. He had to make it in time. The elevator was far to slow for him. He takes the stairs. Running down flights of stairs as fast he could go. Then rushes out the door when he had the time. She was about to get in her limo! And leave!

"Violet!" he calls out desperately.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Good-bye Mr. Maxford" she replies coolly as she goes to head in the limo. He was not about to let her leave him.

He grabs her, stopping her from leaving him. He pulls her close to his chest. She looks up surprised by his actions. He leans in and kisses her. Showing her how he felt for her. He had to let her know. It was time. The perfect time. She was having his baby! They could be a real family.

"Ashton what has gotten into you?" she demands to know as she stops the kisses.

"I love you" he tells her softly. She smiles as happy tears shine in her eyes.

"You do? Or did you just see I am having your baby? I will not keep your child from you. I am not that kind of woman. You do not have to marry me" she promises sadly. He kisses her again. He feels love as she returns his kisses.

"I love you" he vows.

"I love you to" she replies weakly.

"I want to marry you. If you will have me" he asks softly. His fingers touch her cheek softly. She nods.

"I will have you. I will marry you Mr. Maxford. I love you" she says as a happy smile spreads over her face. He leans in and kisses her again. His happy ending was there. At last.

The End!

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|