Chapter 10

Violet

Violet

Violet hid in a room near the hall closet while Leo was busy cutting his cake. She should be there by Leo's side, but now she found herself hiding, shook up by that arrogant ass of a man. Who happened to be a damn good kisser!

"Violet? Violet?" she hears him call out to her in the hall way.

He was on the prowl. After her. More like after her father. Her heart begins to pound faster. Was he going to find her? Or would he give up the hunt.

She took a deep breath. She hears click, click, click of shoes walking about the halls. To her dismay her nose began to twitch. And ick a lot. "Ahhh-choo!" she gasps. She quickly covers her mouth up.

"Vi? Oh where oh where has my Violet gone?" he teases her.

"I most certainly am NOT yours Mr. Maxford" she comes out of hiding now. She is face to face with him. Ashton has a smug look on his handsome face.

"Well there you are party pooper" he teases like nothing was wrong at all between them. She goes to move past him in the hall way. He stops her. "Oh no, you don't" he jokes.

"Oh yes I do" she snaps as she stomps on his foot making him yelp in pain.

"Hey that is not fair now! Talk to me Violet" he begs as he stops her from going.

"Let's talk you say? Alright. How about talking you weaseled your way into my life. Showing up at my gala! Next you weasel your way into my best friends' life making him think you were one of the good guys. Then you get my best friend to ditch me so you can have dinner with me. Nothing will work. I know why you want to be with me Mr. Maxford! You want my father's company. I will never date you! Never be with you! Never be yours! Give it up before I get a protection order on you!" she snaps with anger.

"Now I really don't think that is what has you hot and bothered now is it Miss. Harris? I think I know just what is bothering you" he teases as he pulls her closer to his body. He grins a wicked smug smile her way.

"Oh yes? What is that?" she demands to know.

He leans in for the kill. He kisses her. Taking what he knew was already his to claim. Each time was a surprise for her. She knew it should not take such an effect on her like he did. But he knew what he was doing.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"One night" he whispers as he begins to nibble kisses along her neck making her lose all train of thought.

"What now?" she asks as she blinks trying to regain focus on her thoughts.

"One night with me. Spend the night with me. You will not regret it. Even if I do want your father's company what do I have to gain by spending one night with you but a night of passion and pleasure. Who are we to deprive ourselves of that?" he asks her huskily.