Chapter 17

Ashton

Ashton

"For the last time there IS NO marriage! I never married Violet! Now leave me alone!" snaps a very angered Ashton.

He hangs up on Violet's over paid lawyer for the tenth time that day. He had enough of explaining his actions to people who did not want to believe a word he was saying.

Here he had done the right thing. He had not married her. And here he was paying for it.

He had heard an earful from his father about it.

As well as Violet's lawyer to.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Shit!" Ashton grumbles as he runs his fingers in his hair.

He was trying to figure out what his next move was going to be. But he really did not know what it was going to be. He failed. His failed his father. He failed the company. He failed himself.

Why had he not gone through with the marriage?

He was scared to really ask himself why. He knew why.

He was falling in love with her. That was why.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Well if we did not get married then I need to return this THING" he hears her say suddenly. He looks up to see Violet walk into his office. She takes off her sunglasses. Places them on top of her head. She slides the ring he had bought for her. She places it on the desk in front of him.

"You know?" he asks her.

"Of course I know. I was going to find out what I could do to annul this non marriage. But funny thing was you did not marry me after all" she chuckles.

"Are you not mad at me anymore?" he wonders.

"Oh no. I am still pissed off at you. I should be. But the thing is Mr. Maxford, the real question is why didn't you marry me? The plans were in motion. I was drunk enough to say yes. Even I have to admit it is a pretty perfect plan Mr. Maxford" remarks Violet.

She sits on his desk. Looking down at him. Why did she have to be so damn beautiful?

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Why didn't I marry you? Well you were drunk. I did not want to tell our kids mommy barfed at the wedding. Not a pretty picture" he jokes as he places his feet on his desk near her and crosses his arms.

"Come, come Mr. Maxford. Do tell the real story. Why didn't you marry me in Vegas?" she demands to know. She walks over to him. Places her arms around his neck. Her fingers toying with his neck tie.

"Why? Why do you care to know? It is over with. You are free" he snaps getting defensive.

"Come on Mr. Maxford, tell the truth. For once. If you care about me at all. Maybe that is the issue at hand. You care far too much. More that you are letting on" she remarks as she kisses the side of his neck causing goosebumps to spread on his skin.