Team

kJ pov

It was last period, me and Bryson had a free period so we decided to hot box in my car.

" please don't pull that shit out ya backpack, I'm not smoking it" I laughed and he shook his head.

" nigga why not?" He wined.

" shit is trash, I don't know why you buying shake when our dad sells the best shit in the state." Sometimes Bryson can just be as dumb as a bag of rocks.

I passed him the blunt then someone knocked on my window scaring the shit out of Bryson, making him drop the blunt.

" nigga, you and miah not coming in my car agin" I picked up the blunt off my car floor.
He let down the window and once agin there was Payton.

"Sorry for being annoying but my car died"she said all sad and shook her head.
" also known as my time to leave" Bryson said taking the blunt and leaving.

" koi please, if I call my mom she's gonna kill me" she put her hands together. I took a deep breath.

" close my door so I can pull up in front of it." She did what I said then I pulled up in front of her old ass Toyota. I went in my trunk got the cables and jump started her car.

"  Payton why you keep driving this shit" I said while closing the hood of her car.

" not everyone has money like y'all koi" I knew Payton wasn't well off like us but as hard as she works and gets money you would never know unless she told you, or you seen her car.

" now we both know Jeremiah would get you a car or at least take you anywhere you wanna go" she rolled her eyes.

" we not together, and plus when we was I never asked or got a dime from him." I liked that Payton was kamiahs friend. From what I know she never bullshitted  miah and always told her the truth.

" he probably left ya ass because of that mouth" I popped my trunk open to put the cables back.

" nahh I left him, it's none of your business anyway" she snapped.

" woah chill, I was just playing. Why you always mean to me? You coo with Bryson even though he treat you worse than me." I walked up to her and she leaned back on her car.

" why you asking me all these questions? It's not like we really coo like that. Plus Jeremiah told me what y'all thought about me when he use to kick it with y'all. " she broke and boujie, hard to cuff easy to fuck,"" She looked at the ground. I knew exactly what she was talking about, I shook my head and walked back to my door.

" listen to that nigga and think what you want and since I'm such a bad guy, next time ya car fuck up don't as me for help" I laughed and got in my car. I put it back in the same parking spot I had it in and finished my blunt.

While smoking my blunt I seen the same dude from class that was messing with miah. I got out the car with my blunt and leaned against it until he walked by.

" aye bruh wassup with you and my sister?"  He lifted his head up.

" what you mean?" He stopped where he was at. I moved a little closer.

" wassup with y'all. Y'all together? Y'all talk?" I took a pull of my blunt.

" ask her" he shrugged his shoulders.

" nahh I'm asking you" there's only three females I ever cared about in my life, my mom, kamiah, and auntie Ashley so he really don't need to be playing with me.

" we just kicking it, that's all no harm done" he was wrong, after what Payton told her she was hurt.

" well stop, at least with my sister. See I'm not like Bryson, he likes to fight and get it over with. I'm gonna warm you let you know wassup then let you decide what's gonna happen. If you keep fucking with my sister head imma have to fuck with yours and I'm getting tired of beating niggas up, you know what I mean?" I said as calm as possible he looked scared which was nothing new. Every nigga in the city knew what I was working with, shit even my momma knew.
He nodded his head and I laughed a little.

" just thought I should let you know" I got off my car took one last pull of my blunt then threw it on the ground. I looked at my watch and seen it was 3:04.

I grabbed my gym bag and headed to the gym.
The gym was full of niggas on the team, cheerleaders and dancers. Of course kamiah was with the dancers,  she could dance I don't know why she won't join the team.

I seen coach Hampton and he smiled and waved. I walked up to him.

" alright son , since you missed tryouts I can't make you go through the same steps because I don't have time. So today I want you to practice as if you were on the team, I'll let you know at the end if you made it.
I put my bag down and sat with the rest of the players. I knew all of them, well really they all knew me. Most of them dapped me up but all of them greeted me in some type of way.

" koi man we could really use you, the line up this year is ass" jakari said. Out of everyone on the team he was the only one I would call a friend.

" alright we're doing three laps around as a warm up then get ready to play." Coach yelled.

KAMIAHS POV

" girl just put a uniform on already, you damn near on the team." Riley the coach of the dance team said. She was right, I loved to dance but the uniforms they be wearing would not work with my dad.

" my dad will loose his mind seeing me dance like that in those uniforms. Especially in-front of hella people." Everyone knew about me. They knew how my dad was about me and my brothers. To say I was overprotected would be and understatement.

" now y'all know my dad would flip the hell out" I laughed.

" fine, but one of these days I gotta see you dance in one of my uniforms" she smiled and I nodded my head. I practiced with them then when I got tired I sat on the bleachers and waited for koi.
" kamiah your koi's the twins sister right?" One of the girls on the dance team said preventing me from taking my nap. They must of been taking a break because there's no way coach riley would let them talk to anyone while they practiced.

" yea" that was one of the dumbest questions ever, we all look alike, go almost everywhere together, and our last names are all the same.
" does your brother have a dancer for the first game yet?" I laughed to my self because I knew where this was going. During the first game of every year each dancer wears ripped jean shorts with a jersey that has one of the players numbers on it. For the past three years me, my mom and auntie Ashley are the only people that put on his number. He never let a dancer wear his number.

" Nope , but if you want to you could ask him" I lead her on knowing he would say no.

" can you do it, hell most likely listen to you" she sat next to me and started to piss me off.
" no, I'm not the one that wants to wear it" I moved over a little bit hoping she would catch the vibe.

" fine can I have his number?" This girl was trying her best to use me.

" go ask him for it" I noticed the basketball players were done, so I grabbed my bag and walked over to koi leaving shawty on the bleacher.

" so what he say" I asked koi as I walked up to him.

" you already know what he said, without me they not winning shit." He shook his head but he was right.

"See that girl over there" I looked in her direction and he looked over.

" yea and?" He brushed her off.

" she wanna wear yo number for the first game, even asked me for your number" he shook his head.

" shawty just want some clout, she not finna disrespect my number like that" we walked to his car and headed on home.

***
The girl in the picture is Payton