Secrets

WARNING THERE IS A SENSITIVE SUBJECT AHEAD! It talks of eating disorders and the like. Please don't read the part of the chapter where it is if you think it might be triggering.

I don't know if it might actually be that bad, I just don't want to be responsible for a relapse of someone. I really do like and care about you all, I really do. :)

"I'll read." Francis offered as Ludwig nodded and hands France the book from on the table.

As soon as Francis had a hand on the book there was another flash of light. A note floated down and landed in Alfred's lap. He picked the note up, read it, and turned very pale.

Alfred looked at the note.

Dear Alfred,

We are sorry about what is going to happen, but it needs to be done. Please forgive us. We believe that the other nations need to know about your little secret now.

The Ancients.

He felt the blood drain out of his face.

'No they can't find out. They can't.'

He crumpled the note in his hand, he felt himself shaking.

Mathias watched America.

As soon as he started shaking he stood up and went over to him.

"Alfred, what is it? What did the note say?" He asked hugging him gently, feeling scared as he felt how badly Alfred was shaking.

Alfred just flinched away, a whine coming escaping him. Mathias frowned but stopped as Alfred put his arms around him.

"Please Alfred, tell me what's wrong." The Danish country begged the powerhouse.

"It's going to happen, Mathias. They're going to know about that. " Alfred whispered as he hugged Mathias.

Mathias' eyes widened.

"Then they'll know what they're doing to you." Mathias said.

"But I don't want them to feel bad." Alfred said tightened his hug on Mathias.

Mathias' eyes started to water.

Francis looked at the next entry to see if it had to deal with that.

His eyes widened and tears filled them.

"Alright, this is Alfred." Francis said, he opened his mouth but no words came out.

He closed his mouth and shook his head. He couldn't do it. Alfred was like a son to him. He handed the book to Arthur. Arthur looked it over and saw what was wrong.

"Just read it already." Yao huffed.

"Fine." Arthur said before he forced himself to read the entry.

America, along with the highest rate of obesity, has the highest rate of eating disorders. Nobody but a selected few knows that after Alfred eats all those cheeseburgers, he forces himself to vomit them up. His friends who know about it have tried to stop him on multiple occasions but the comments from the other countries only cause him to start back up again. It's a horrible cycle that harms not only Alfred but the people around him who care about him dearly.

Arthur finishes, then drops the book, tears running down his face.

Matthew just sat there in shock.

How had he not known his brother was suffering like that!?

Kiku looked at his friend very worried, he had noticed something was off about Alfred for a while now.

Ludwig, Feliciano and Yao didn't know what to do.