Reconnection

Upon returning from the break, Japan and China seemed to be more comfortable in each other's presence than any of the nations could remember seeing them. It was as if some invisible weight had been lifted from them both.

Especially China; he looked centuries younger.

Spain and Romano looked rather happy, with Romano sitting in Spain's lap, a pout on his slightly swollen lips, but anyone could tell how happy he was to be sitting there.

Taiwan picked up the book.

"I'll start, this time."

She glanced at the next entry, and burst out laughing.

She was laughing so hard, that tears started streaming down her bright red cheeks, and the others started to become concerned over her lack of ability to breathe.

After a few minutes, she managed to gain enough control of herself to hand the book the only Asian nation she knew that could keep himself under control while reading this Hong Kong.

Hong Kong didn't usually show emotion.

He wasn't one to show his feelings easily, but when he read the entry, a wicked smirk spread across his face, as he chuckled a bit.

Of course, this shocked and scared the hell out of many nations particularly the Asian ones.

"It's about you, Kiku." He stated in his regular monotone voice, but those who knew him well could hear the undertone of the laughter he was holding back.

"Don't worry, it's short."

 Dear diary,

I'm not kawaii. I'm manly as fuck."

"WHAT, ARU?!" China gasped out between laughter.

In fact, most of the room broke down in uncontrollable laughter.

Who knew Japan could be this forward?

Switzerland smirked while holding back chuckles.

Now if only Japan would speak up like this when around others…

Poor Japan was quite red. 

Ah, perhaps I shouldn't have been so bold? But… I never expected anyone to read my entries, so I felt no need to be polite.

After many minutes of laughter and relapses, Hong Kong moved on to the next entry.

"It's America's."

Dear diary,

Sometimes I wonder what Canada would do if I told him he once had a little brother? I wonder what Canada would have thought about him. They seem very similar, sometimes so much so it hurts. I know it's too late, but all I can say now is that I am sorry, Canada, for killing a brother you never knew, and I am sorry Confederacy, for making sure you'd never meet him."

"Alfred…?" Canada asked.

He was afraid.

Sure he understood that if he hadn't done what he did, that Alfred would be the dead one now, but… He'd never known about the Confederate States having a personification.

How hard must it have been for Alfred to kill his own little brother?

And to have lived with the guilt for all these years without telling anybody?

"I'm so sorry, Matthew."

There it was. 

Matthew.

Alfred only ever called him by his full name when he was truly in need of something.

And for once, Canada knew exactly what to say.

Hetalia Darkness Secrets Revealed जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें