25. Moon stone

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Some day

Someone will hurt you so badly,

That you'll become 

unbreakable

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Geez, sometimes I forget how dumb you can be."

You sat at Varian's desk, looking confused at the piece of paper in front of you. Your hands were in your hair, frustratingly pulling it. 

There was a recipe to a potion on top of it, but you couldn't understand a single thing of what it was saying. And who were you kidding, you couldn't possibly breed a potion. It was Varian who was the alchemist, and now he had turned evil. Maybe he had already bred it? And hid it somewhere? Maybe it was the same potion that you saw outside Corona. The one that stopped the rocks from getting in. If you just knew where it was...

You looked at the button of the paper. There was one more potion, with only one ingredient. One. And it wasn't even an ingredient. It was a thing. A thing that you've heard stories about ever since you were little.

The moonstone. 

From the stories you've heard, it was a giant piece of the moon, that one day fell to earth, a few years ago. It was supposedly magical. And really, really big. 

The stone had been a gift to earth from the higher powers, so humans would not destroy themselves as they evolved. It would be used as a source to maintain peace. And according to legends, if the world was in danger, the stone would find it's way to a person that could... Uh, save the world, you guessed? 

Well, the moon rocks were beginning to take over the world, ruining villages, nature and everything along its way. It even had such a big influence that the sun couldn't rise anymore, and moon dogs had begun appearing. It would be a pretty good time for the stone to show itself. 

You had always thought of the moonstone as a myth. But apparently it wasn't. And you didn't really have the time to question it.  If you understood the paper right, the stone was the only thing that could stop the rocks.  There was no potion. There was a stone. A stone. A big-ass one. 

Where were you supposed to find such thing? You couldn't search the whole world.

You glipped your eyes. Maybe Varian had already found it... No. There was no way. 

Or what if Varian tricked you again? What if he knew that you would go to his room, what if he knew that you'd found the solution? What if he wanted this to happen? 

Great, your head hurt even more now. You stood up, folding the paper, and putting it in your pocket. You really didn't know what to do. It was like the whole world counted on you, and you just stood there, letting them wait. 

Were you going to talk to Varian again? Would he listen? Would he lock you up? Maybe you could convince him to make people pay in a nicer way, and stop being such an asshole who wanted to sentence the whole kingdom to its death. 

You could go look for the potion, that was described on top of the paper. That sounded way more easy than go looking for a magical rock. Or you could go find your brother, Rapunzel, and Cassandra. Not Andrew, because he turned out to be a moon dog. You still couldn't get over that part.