Chapter 1

(Y/n)'s Pov

"Where are you (Y/n)?!". My dad shouted for me. I was always so scared when he was yelling. He always come home drunked and beat the hell out of me. I had never disobeyed him. I have always been thinking about what i did wrong and what it would be like to go outside. My dad used to be so nice,even when Mom was gone. But ever since he lost his job, he has been taking out his hate and anger out on me.

"(Y/n) GET BACK HERE!" My dad shouts my name. I went to my room.I was so scared, I ran away from my dad because I broke a plate. But it was his fault anyways. He thought it would be funny to make me fall and blame me for dropping his dinner.

"P-Please I-I didn't do anything w-wrong"
I begged.
He went to my room and storm in. "I'll show you what happens when you waste that fucking food that i bought yesterday with my money!"

He came towards me and start throwing punches and he kicks my stomach, leaving a bruise that will be there for a few weeks. All i could do is cover my head as i feel my body in so much pain. He took out his pocket knife. "D-Dad p-please d-don't d-do it.
I-I'll be careful n-next time.
P-Please don't-" As i begged, he came closer and slash my body.
I cried while he covers my mouth with his dirty hands. "(Y/n) Clean up the mess you made you disgusting slut. No dinner for you!)"

This is the fourth time this week that I didn't eat dinner. I had enough. I cleaned up the mess and threw it in the trash. Then,I went to the toilet and wash my wounds.

*Trigger warning*

I took out a razor from my pocket and started cutting on my forearm. Tears fall from my eyes and i start hating myself. "U-Ugh I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. Why am i such a crybaby. What did I do to deserve this. If only i was braver,I could at least try and defend myself from dad's attack. Why am I so weak and useless. I hate this gem at my chest."I sobbed. "Your the reason Mom was gone" I sobbed.

Scene over

I cleaned my new wounds and took the first aid kit from the cabinet in the toilet. I started applying it to myself and headed straight to my room.

"(Y/n) GET DOWN HERE!" My dad shouts.
"C-Coming". As I went down stairs, I noticed something different. My dad asked me to get in the car. It was very unusual. He knows that I've never been outside and even scolded me for answering the door.

"Get in (Y/n)" He sounded like he has had enough. I was afraid to go but I couldn't disobey. I went in the car, he started to drive really fast like when he was late to work.

After a few hours or so, I saw a huge board saying "Beach city". I thought about why we would be here. He parked at the beach.
"(Y/n) get out!" he yelled. I obliged and went out while feeling fearful as to what he would do next. He pulled my hair and headed for the sea. I knew what he would do and struggled for my life.
"Quit whining and just die already!"
"Please dad. Don't kill me. I promise to be good." He pulled my head underwater and just waited for me to collapse. After I passed out, I saw his car tracks in the sand. "So he took me out here to kill me." I thought to myself.I wanted to get out of the house but now that I'm out here, where do I go? As I walked around, I spotted a shop named the big donut. To be fair, I only came there because I had never seen such an unusual building. I mean it has a huge donut on it. The Big Donut wasn't open at the time. But there was a digital clock on the inside of the shop. It's currently 4 in the morning. I headed back to the beach and sat there, admiring the view. It was so peaceful. The soft sounds of the sea as it hits the land and the beautiful night sky. I felt so warm and cherished this moment of my life. Suddenly, My gem started to glow. It glowed a bright pink that was easy to see. I tried to hid it as it was going to attract a lot of people even though it was in the middle of the night. I've learnt to control my gem powers but I hid them from my dad and people. I thought it was cool but if people found out, I can't imagine what would happen. I played around with my gem powers for awhile.

(Time skip cause why not)

After some time, I learnt that my powers are connected to my emotions.
I've never really had feelimgs but I guess the beautiful scenery of the beach unlocked my powers.

I tried to recall what I can do with my powers.
"Hmm. So whatever I think of will happen huh?Pretty dope if I do say so myself!" I praised myself.

But, what I didn't realise is that it takes a lot of energy to use my powers. "Ugh why do I feel so tired?"
My eyelids became heavy and I made myself comfortable in the sand.
I slept throughout the clod night like it was nothing.
Or so I thought.

My first story. Sorry if
it's a lil bad but hey what can you say. I'm gonna try updating every week.
(Need to balance out my time) uwu💙