Chapter 3

Steven's Pov

"I didn't see him with you when I found you on the beach?" I said. (Y/n)'s face was filled with fear and concern. "We have to find him. It's dangerous for a 12 year old boy to wander around alone." (Y/n) told me. "But he's 12 isn't-"  I said but (Y/n) cuts me off.
"He has never been outside like me. When he sees people he doesn't recognise, he tends to get scared and runs to somewhere he could be alone." "Then we better find him quick. Luckily, I know a person who knows where he is." I informed (Y/n). We ran downstairs and saw Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl.

"Hey Steven. Who's your friend there." "Pearl, this is (Y/n). Questions later.
Garnet, Can you use ypur future vision to locate
(Y/n)'s brother?"
"Hmmm... There's a possibility you can find him behind the big donut, behind the car wash or in the forest."

"Thanks Garnet. We'll be back later and I'll fill you in on what's going on"
I said. "Good luck and make sure you come back quickly. It's getting late." Garnet told.

(Y/n)'s Pov

"We've searched the whole forest. Where could he be?" I thought. "Hey (Y/n), Are you okay." Steven asked. "Hey Steven, is there any place you could think of where you could be alone?" "Well, there is one place." Steven then took my hand and ran for a cliff. I blushed a light red and continued running beside him. "Shh. We're
close." Steven seems to know this place well. Does he come here often? I thought. As we approached the peak of the cliff, I saw him.
"Marshall. I-Is that you?"
The boy was shocked like he had just saw a ghost.
"M-Marshall your too close to the cliff. Your gonna-"
Marshall tripped on some rocks and fell of a cliff.
I ran to the cliff and jumped towards him.
"(Y/n) why. I can't believe your here. Now we're both gonna die." Marshall cried. "Don't overreact Marshall. Your big bro will keep us safe. Hold on to me tightly."
As we were about to reach the ground, I summoned my scythe and stabbed the cliff. We started slowing down and stopped close to the bottom of the cliff.
When we got down, Marshall hugged me, He couldn't believe I was still alive. He saw me being drowned by Dad so he thought I was gone. I saw Steven jumping down.
"Steven what are you doing, your gonna get hur-" Steven jumped down, but it was so slow.

"Mabye he can control the speed of his fall?" I wondered.

Steven's Pov

When I reached the ground, I ran to (Y/n), pulling him and Marshall to the ground with a hug and sobbed. "What were you thinking jumping like that?!"

"I-Im so sorry f-for making you worried Steven. It's just that, I didn't want him to get hurt." (Y/n) looked at Marshall.
"*sigh* I know. But next time, at least warn me when your gonna pull a crazy stunt like that." I said.
"Need Air." "O-Oh sorry." Me and Marshall backed away and helped (Y/n) stand up.

"Hey (Y/n), w-who's that?"
Steven and Marshall asked (Y/n). "That's Steven. He helped me when I was 'dead' at the beach. Isn't he great? And this goofball here is my adorable lil step-brother, Marshall." Marshall giggled.

"Awww so cute." I picked Marshall up and lifted him off the ground. He giggled some more. "H-Hey be careful. He's fragile."
His protective brother tells me.
"Woops, my bad. Got a little bit excited there." I blushed and placed Marshall near his brother.

"Let's go back to my place.
We have a lot of explaining to do. I need to introduce you both to the Gems. Don't worry. They are nice people." I ensured them so that they wouldn't be so stiff arond new people.

"I need to help them build their confidence. But how?"

Thanks for reading. Ughhh Took me forever to think of a name for Marshall. I'll  do an info for Marshall right down here.

Name: Marchall

Type: Human

Personality: Confident,
playful, positive

Likes: Playing around, going to new places, Meeting new people

Dislikes: His Parents, seeing people sad, violence, seeing his brother sacrificing for him, being a burden

(Author note: So I might not be able to update everyday like I thought so mabye 2 times a week. I'll see what I can do.)