Chapter 14

Steven's Pov

As the mysterious gem disapeared into thin air, the crowd began to check the area. "Guys, could you all leave from this area. It's not safe. Call the mayor (I forgot her name) and assemble the shelters. This will be dangerous so everyone stay safe."
I said. I just didn't want anyone to see Y/n like this. As he held onto his brother, sobbing on his chest. My dad and the gems soon arrived after the commotion was over.

"What happened Schuball?" My dad asked. "Dad, you need to evacuate with everyone. There's a dangerous gem, out to kill me for something mom did." I superspeed him to his van and gave him a quick hug before returning back to the beach.

"We can't have anymore casualties. Garnet, try and search for clues. Amythest and Pearl, you two protect the citizens. I'll be here if you need me." I gave the orders and walked to Y/n, who was just staring at Marshall's body. He wasn't crying anymore, but he didn't move at all. "Y/n, I'm sorry. I'm sorry you were involved in this. It's all my moms fault. Everytime a gem is out to get me, my mom probably did something to them. I... I hope you... you'll for..give m-me." I teared up. I know he wouldn't forgive me. It's because of me that the gem killed him in the first place.

"Steven...." Y/n said plainly. It didn't sound like he was alive. He stopped and looked at me. I was prepaired to be hurt, but he wrapped his arms around my waist and continued crying. "I-I-It's n-not y-your fault. H-He died protecting me. I-If I had reacted faster, he wouldn't have blocked the shot." Y/n said as he sobbed on my waist. I took out my jacket and put it on him. I pulled him to my chest and wrapped my arms around his back. I rubbed his back, it was the only thing I could do for him.
As the sun sets down, Y/n had stopped crying and slept in my arms. I felt awful. He cried to sleep because that stupid gem just had to kill me for my moms actions. I was glad that Y/n was asleep. I didn't want him to see this side of me. I sobbed silently as the guilt was to much to bare. My tears fell on Y/n's head, causing him to wake up. "Steven... Steven why are you crying?" Y/n, who is now more awake, wiped my tears with his hands. I know he's hurt the most, so it's not about me. "I'm fine, just a little sand in my eye." I lied. "Well, lets go. We need to do something about that gem. And give Marshall a funeral."
Y/n choked at the last part. "Let's get this over with. I can't stand to look at his lifeless body. I can't take anymore pain." "Okay, well I'll call for the service." I said.

A few weeks later

Y/n's Pov

It's almost been 3 weeks since Garnet went on the investigation, the increased in security, and Marshalls' death. I'm greatful for Steven. He's been helping me with my breakdowns and I can't thank him enough. I'm lucky to have someone like him in my life. But... something has been bothering me. That gem. She said that she would kill both of us. My mom had something to do with this?
I haven't learnt anything about my mom's past and what she did to that gem, but I will put an end to her. She wants to kill me for something my mom did? We'll see about that.

There were knocks on the door.
"Coming." I said. As I opened the door, Garnet came in. Steven called the Crystal Gems to meet at the temple for a discussion. "I found some information on the gem. Her name is Moonstone. Her gem is at her chest and her weapon is a twin swords. I still haven't figured out her motives but she's located at the Prime Kindergarden." Garnet spoke. "What is she doing at the kindergarden? There's barely anything to do there." I thought.

Steven's Pov

"Well now that we know her location, what are we going to do?" Y/n asked.
"We will bubble her and take her back here. We have too little information about her." Garnet said.
"Sorry we're late guys. I needed to finish all my classes at Little Homeworld. So what's it about?" Peridot, Lapis, and Bismuth came though the door. "It's the gem that attacked Steven and Y/n. Her name is Moonston-" "A MOONSTONE?!?" Peridot cuts her off. "Yeah, what about it?" I asked. "M-M-Moonstones are used in the war during Era 2, the one about Y/n's mom. Yeah, they were made to defend any attacks on Homeworld. Painite attacked homeworld and caused them to go after her by the order of White Diamond. They each have a unique ability. There are 10 Moonstones in total. Only 9 has been shattered. The 1 that was left was heared to be under White Diamonds control and was sent to guard Homeworld."