Chapter 2

Steven's Pov

I was on my way to walk around Beach City. Ever since Connie told me that her parents doesn't want us to be together because I am always getting Connie involved in gem problems, and she also said she's moving to another place because she got accepted into the school of her dream. I can't stop her, It's her dream school. What kind of a friend would I be if I hold her back from doing what she wants.

As I was walking outside, I saw a boy around my age lying down on the beach.
I bolted towards him and paniced. I placed my head on his chest."Okay heart beats there so he's not dead". I blushed at what I just did. I noticed he was sweating a lot. I carried him bridal style towards my house. "I can't let him sleep on the beach.
It's wet and dirty. He could get sick." I thought.
He a little shorter then me but taller then amethyst. He was as chubby as me but thanks to my super strength, I manage to carry him with ease.

As I placed him on my couch, "Should I wake him up and ask him what happened? Aww but he's so cute- wait Steven what are you doing. Stop thinking that." I remembered that it was not normal to like another guy. I booped his cheeks and decided to let him sleep while sitting beside him and re-reading
"No home boys".

(Y/n)'s Pov

"Ouch, what happened. Must've had too much fun and got tired. Damn who knew having gem powers would be so fun when your alone. But more importantly, how did I get here?" Then I realised, while I was talking to myself, there was a boy sitting on the couch next to me.

"Wait did you say gem powers?" the boy asked.
"Umm...Uh if you don't mind me asking, who are you?" I asked.

"Oh I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Steven Universe. But you can call me Steven." Steven replied. "I'm (Y/n) (L/n)"
I introduced myself to Steven.

"Back to the question, did you say gem powers?!"
He shouted excitedly. "Umm y-yes I-I did. "
I said fearfully. "Hey hey it's okay. I mean no harm." Steven reassured me.
"O-Oh sorry. It's just, normally when I get yelled at, I usually get attacked."
I regretted saying that as Steven sat next to me with a worried looked.
"By who?" Steven said in a monotone voice that scared the hell out of me.
"Hmm so I guess he becomes concerned  when it comes to people getting hurt" I thought.
"B-By my d-dad." I stuttered.

Steven noticed that I was really uncomfortable and stopped talking about it. He changed the subject to the thing I said just now.

"S-So anyways, did you say you have gem powers?" He said, still filled with enthusiasm. But he tried not to yell.

"Y-Yeah w-what about it?"
I asked. "Can you show me where is it?" Steven begged. "Uhh s-sure?"
I blushed and pull my shirt down, revealing a crimson painte.

(Steven's Pov)

I gasped. "So your a half gem too?" I asked. I lifted my shirt and revealed to him my gem.
"Wait your a half gem?! I thought I was the only one?" (Y/n) said. "I thought so too. But I guess we both thought wrong."
I agreed to his earlier statement.
"Since I don't know you well, I was thinking,
Do you wanna be friends?"
I asked (Y/n).

"Umm o-okay. So now that we're friends, what do we do?" (Y/n) tilts his head and pouts. I blushed a light red and replied to his questions.
"Well, lets get to know one another better. Here I'll start." he said.

"So long story short, My mom is Pink Diamond.
She started a rebellion and took the place of Rose Quartz after the Gem war.
She met my dad and decided to have me. She gave up her physical form so that I could exist. She also left a lot of problems for me to solve even thought I had nothing to do with it. My dad is rich but still runs a car wash. I live here with the Crystal Gems and build a place to call Lil Homeworld for all the gems
that were corrupted by the diamonds during the war. The Crystal Gems go to Lil Home School where they teach gems." Steven said
as he looked at
me, if I understood what he just said. I nodded and Steven was eager to here a little bit about myself.
"Your turn!" He said. It was obvious how excited he was to hear about me.

(Y/n)'s Pov

"S-So I'm from East Town.
It's a bad place where there are usually fights every single day. Since it was on a daily basis, the law turned a blind eye and refuse to stop the fights. A-Anyways, I-I lived with my dad. He was so kind to me and would always teach me as there were no schools in East Town because of all the violence. I've never met my mom but I guess it was the same with you. S-She gave up here physical form to m-make me.
M-My dad would always spend time with me and my brother and
cared for us."
Steven cuts me off.
"But you said that your dad was the one that shouted and attacked you?"
I answered his question.
"When I was 10, he started to act different. Even since he had issues at work, I was his main target to release his stress. He would come to my bedroom and start to complain about how he missed my mom, about how hard it was to raise me and my brother on his own and
h-he s-should h-have
n-never made us. And when he tried to attack my younger brother, I would always take the beating for him."
I started to tear up.
"We don't have to
continue if it makes you uncomfortable?" Steven said in a caring tone.
"I-It's okay. I want
you to know more about me even though I feel really uncomfortable saying it. I just need to release some pain by telling someone. Steven, even though we just met,
I already feel so safe around you. I don't really know this feeling but I
like being around you." I face turned red from embarrassment. I've never told anyone how I feel but there's something about Steven that makes me trust him.

Steven's Pov

I blushed at what (Y/n) said about me. "O M G. He said he liked being around me. We've only met like I don't know, 2 hours ago but I think I'm already starting to like him. A-As a f-friend of course." I thought to myself. (Y/n) then continued his story.

(Y/n)'s Pov

"*scoff scoff* A-As I was
saying..." I got terrified about thinking about it. Steven placed his hands on mine. "Take a deep breath." Steven said in a  soothing tone. I followed his advice and continued talking.

"Ever since I was 12, I was planning to run away. Today, I got my wish but it was rough. My dad actually came to Beach City to k-kill me."
Steven's eyes widen.
"I haven't ate anything for the fourth time this week.
It was traumatising. I was scared. Everyday,
thinking when would be the day he planned to kill
me. After he thought he killed me, he quickly drove away in his car as he didn't want to get caught. I woke up a few minutes after he left. I admire the scenery of the beach at night. It was the most beautiful thing I've even seen in my life. After that I played with my gem powers as I waited for time to pass by. I think I passed out because I used too much energy. And then, I woke up in your bedroom and here we are.
But I can't stay long. I don't want to be a burden to my new friend." I cried.  I see Steven looking at me. Then, he said something.

"H-Hey (Y/n), if you don't have anywhere to go, do you want to live here?"

"I'd love to but, where's my brother?"

Bamm took me so long to finish this chapter. I'm sorry about this chapter. This chapter was just to let Steven know about you more.I promise the next chapter will be the start of the Steven x male reader. Byeeee