Chapter 15

Y/n's Pov

"H-Hehe Steven, looks like I'm not going to make it for our next trip."
I said with tears in my eyes. Everything turned black.

Steven'Pov

"We have to go back." I said. "But Y/n told us to retreat." Amytheist sighed. "It doen't matter. We have to go back to Y/n now. I have a bad feeling about it." Garnet told. As we got onto the warp pad, I tried to warp to the Kindergarden. "I-It's not working?" I said. "The other warp pad must've broke during their fight. We need to get there some other way." Garnet told. We all took my van and drove to the Kindergarden using the railtracks as a guide. We got there in 15 minutes and when we were there, it was shocking. Moonstone, and Y/n, who was covered in blood, were still fighting. But Y/n looks different. The cracks on his skin, his pitch black eyes, and the fangs in his mouth. He was changing. A tail sprouted from his back. In an instant, Y/n poofed Moonstone. We all wanted to cheered for Y/n and approached him. But, as Y/n lifted his hand, he slammed it to Moonstone's gem, shattering it. We were terrified. All the joy we felt after Moonstone was poofed faded. Y/n approached us. He released a growl that created a crater below him, cracking the floors. The Drills at the Kindergarden started to fall. We couldn't leave Y/n in that condition, but we had no choice. I created a huge sheild and got all the gems to fit inside.

We dashed out of the Kindergarden, luring Y/n out. Y/n didn't take the bait and continued to walk deeper into the Kindergarden. I looked back as I was running. A drill fell on Y/n and he felt onto the ground. I wanted to run back but Garnet picked me up and ran out. Tears flow from my cheeks to my chin as I left Y/n. It hurts me to leave him like that.

When we got out of the Kindergarden, I sat down in disbelieve and cried. The gems wanted to comfort me but they gave me space. Y/n wouldv'e comfort me even when I needed space. This was all my fault. I wasn't strong enough to fight Moonstone and he sacrificed himself to save us all. What happened to him?

Y/n's Pov

I woke up in a dark place. It felt really weird. It was as if my body is in a cold lake. Everything was clear. Too clear. I couldn't move. I see a light up ahead. I struggle to reach the light. Suddenly, thousands of voices fill my head, ringing in my ear, "You failed to protect him." That was the only thing I could hear. Many questions fill my mind. Who is he? Where am I? And where is Steven? I don't remember. I feel like throwing up and my head hurts. I swallowed my urge and before I knew it, I passed out.

Steven's Pov

I couldn't lose Y/n. My diamond powers kicks in and I dashed for the Kindergarden. I felt the rush of adrenaline through my body. It took me around 3 minutes to reach Y/n's location. I saw him. Y/n was under a drill. But... he is.. okay? He is surrounded by a transparent blackish bubble. It had a slot for a key in a shape of a diamond. My diamond. I pulled my black shirt up and tried to put my gem in it. It entered. I took a step back and watched the bubble unravel. The cracks on the bubble began to become bigger. But it didn't break. It looks fragile enough that a piece of sand could tear it down. I ran into the bubble and punched it. Nothing worked. I pushed the bubble to the side but it wouldn't budge. I got even more worried. I did everything I could in my diamond speed, but nothing worked. It wore off after I tried to punch it one more time. I couldn't give up. I leaned on the bubble and reached out for Y/n's hand. My hand phased through the bubble. I took my hand out quickly. It was hot. Very hot. The bubble felt like lava. I licked my hand and tried again. This time, it worked. I went all the way in and reached Y/n's hand. I pulled Y/n towards me and I guess it made the bubble popped. All the hot liquid evapourated in an instant. Y/n was unconscious but not hurt. I carried him bridle style and took a very big jump to Beach City. It was gonna be a long time till I reach there but I wasn't bothered by it because I have Y/n in my arms. I smiled as I saw Y/n woke up.

"Hey Y/n. I-I'm sorry for not being there with you. You didn't have to sacrifice yourself for us. We're a team. You can't keep things like these to yourself. I saw your gem. It's... not right. Why didn't you tell me? I could've healed it." I sobbed. My tears drop on Y/n and his gem. Y/n's body reverted back to its original form. His gem however, remained the same. But it was a bit lighter.

"Sorry for making you worry Steven. I-I just have a lot on my mind and its killing me. I-I just can't deal with it." Y/n cried. He burried his face into my collar. I placed my head on his shoulder and rubbed his back in a circular motion. I waited for Y/n to calm down and told him that everything is going to be okay.

As we got to Beach City, I started to talk with Y/n to lighten his mood and make him feel better. "Hey Y/n, this is a great view isn't it?" I said, staring at the golden hue from the cun that's making the cloud look yellow. It was pretty beautiful.  The birds flying with us, the warm atmosphere, and going through the clouds. It felt out of this world. "Hehe. I guess you're right. The view is beautiful. But you're the most beautiful thing up here." Y/n said and blushed. I leaned in and kissed Y/n's soft, gentle lips and he kissed back. He adjusted himself. His arms around my neck and his legs around my waist. I broke the kiss and looked into his y/c eyes. "I love you." I spoke. "Love you too Steven." Y/n said.

I landed at the beach and walked to the temple. I wrapped my hands around Y/n. I didn't want anything to happen to him again. As we stood outside of my door, we held hands and I opened the door for Y/n.

"We're home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm back and I just want to say it's great to have a phone again. Well it's not new but it's better then nothing. My phone took so long to get repaired but now its good again. I swear being with no phone was torture for me. I spent a good 1 month without a phone and I'm losing it. I only got back my phone a few days ago. Besides that, I don't think I can upload anytime soon. My exams start in a week and I have a year worth of things to cram in my head. My exams end on the 17th of October so thats probably when I will start on the next chapter. Hope yall understand and survive this year cause COVID-19 is a really bad event to start the new decade. I'm disappointed :/
Bye bye