Chapter 10

Y/n's Pov

We came back to the temple after the whole things that had happen. Steven was infront leading the way even though we knew where it was. Steven pulled the door for me and Marshall to go in. "Lady's first." Steven smirked. I blushed a tint of red and smirked back at him. "That's right. I'm a freaking Queen." I then began to walk in a fancy manner and headed inside. "Hahahha. He gotcha good. Great comback bro." Marshall comes towards me, still laughing at Steven.
And Steven went in after him, still embarrassed from what you said.
"Okay okay. You win. Go take a shower and get dressed. We have a lot of things to talk about."

(Timeskip brought to you by the Peridot)

Y/n's Pov

I headed out the bathroom after the relaxing shower. "So Y/n, What happened out there?" Steven began to question me. "W-Well I was going back -h-home with Marshall and came across Jasper. I didn't know why but she was afraid of me. Telling me about how she has never seen a gem on my chest before. I wanted to know if she knew anything more so I asked Marshall to stay back while I went inside of her cave. After talking for a few minutes, she started to attack me. I dodged it of course but she wanted to attack Marshall. So I took her hits for him. I never want to see anyone hit Marshall. It's a brother instinct I developed while.... Anyways after that I was knocked out and woke up here where you two were....." My face ent red. I was blushing like crazy. They were blushing too. Steven began to speak. "T-That was not what it looks like. Marshall wanted to hug and thank me but he tripped and fell down." Steven said. I sighed. My gem reacted to it. I've been jelous because of that but now that I know what really happened, that feeling was gone. My gem began to emit a bright red hue and vanished again. "So that is a new thing that has been happening to me. My gem keeps glowing and I don't know why." "He's beginning to change." We heard a voice at the door. It was Pearl. "He's changing to a being so powerful that only his loved ones can save him. His power, it's tied to his emotions. The reasonings unclear but he's dangerous." Pearl said. "How do you know all of this?" We asked.  "B-Because, your mother was an experiment made by the diamonds. During the time of Pink's outburst and tantrums, the diamonds had enough. They wanted to get rid of her. But they needed a replacement for it. So before disposing Pink, The experiment has to be made first. It took thousands of years to complete it and finally, they did it. They wanted to get rid of Pink but her behaviour was improving. They didn't want the experiment to go to waste so they had to lock it up. One day when a topaz was told to check on it by Yellow Diamond, it was gone. There was slashes across the wall and a massive hole the size of White Diamond was though the wall. Next thing that happened was an internal war on homeworld. Your mother was tired of being locked in there so she wanted to make every gem feel that pain. I was working I the experiment before I was given to Pink Diamond. My last order from the Three Diamonds was to keep this a secret. But since the Diamond athority collapsed, I can do what I want to do. So...." Pearl stopped and pulled Steven and Marshall outside and closed the door. I was stunned. My mom was a shatterer and attacked her own kind. It could've been better to let them do what they wanted to do. Mabye they would have released you. A lot of thoughts fill my mind.

Steven's Pov

"So, It's up to you to keep him happy. I've been observing his every move and I've seen that he is the happiest when he is with you two." Pearl points out to the both of us. "Okay Pearl we got it." And so the mission to keep Y/n happy at all times starts now.
"So Marshall what does your brother like to do?" "Well when we were still living with our dad, he would always say that he wants to go and explore the outside world. So far he has only known Beach City and our home."

"Well I think it's time for a road trip."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay so this weeks chapter is out and I need to do my work now. Sorry for the long wait. Ive just been going through so much work and have been getting little to no sleep and I'm not exaggerating.  So much work to deal with. I have to balance my personal life now because its home base learning. I miss lying down and thinking of new ideas. Now Im just lying down and doing more work. I really hope that luck is on my side and on Friday, my work would be reduced. Byeee :) and stay safe.