Chapter 19: Kiss me

"Come on, stop asking questions and just do it." DaKarie said, plopping his ass on the center of the carpet. He had a smoke in one hand and his phone in the other.

All the guys did as they were told, shuffling over to sit in a loose circle with him. Kyle looked tired, arms propped on his knees. Max had a leg propped up as he played with the velcro strap on his af 1's. JJ's head was resting on said leg, glasses dangling low on his nose and Karie was beginning to think this was a bad idea.

He scrolled through his music, trying not to notice when Max leaned down to J before hesitating and turning back to his shoes.

Nah see- thats fruity!

This had to work. Look at these motherfuckers, it had to. Plus, he was too far in to start now, he already had their attention. Kinda. He could hate himself later.

He started running a playlist, some Brent Faiyez playing in the background which couldn't have been more perfect.

"Alright y'all." Karie said as he grabbed a lighter and focused on the rest of the guys who were staring at him like they thought he was gonna brand em or some shit. "Im bored, what y'all wanna play?"

Truth or dare, truth or dare-

"Truth or dare." They all mumbled out of sync. The tension finally left his shoulders.

Predictable motherfuckers

"Aight, who wants to go first?"

"I'll go." Max blurted out. DaKarie tried not to wince a that. He was hoping to start with J. Not cause he was easy but...

You know what, nah, you signed up for this now deal bitch

"Truth or dare?" He asked. His heart stopped for a second when Max answered truth but he'd thought this shit through in the 6 minutes it took for him to think it over.

"Man, you a pussy. Whatever, let me think.." He said with mock contemplation. "Is it true..that your gay?"

"What?" Max stared incredulously, clearly not having expected that. J sat straighter, glancing between them and Kyle was laughing.

"Why would you say that?"

"Tsk, man come on. You flirt with me every chance you get." Max gaped, preparing to defend himself but stopped as J joined in.

"He said it was just playful like acting gay makes you straight so he act's gay so he can seem straight or something-"He rambled on drunkenly. Max slapped a hand on his face, cringing.

"Max-" Karie started.

"Yeah he flirted with me too. Said I was..interesting." Kyle nodded absently.

"Max." He turned to the man, cocky smile on his face. He looked pissed now but that just made it funnier.

"You get around, don't you?"

"Yeah, fuck all of you. It was a joke, can't I fucking joke?" He mumbled. Karie grew serious as his eyes settled on tan lips.

"Answer the question."

"Nah, I don't need to. There's nothing to answer."

"Man, it's part of the game. The whole point is to ask you a question that you don't like. You either play by the rules or you don't play at all. Now be truthful and answer the god damn question."

"No." Max spat. That was that, huh?

"Fine. Dare then."

"Fine." He added after a moment, seeming genuine, "Chill Karie, seriously.."