STRANGE MORNING

Taehyung sticks to Jungkook like glue from the moment he arrives at school. The alpha had been minding his own business smoking a cigarette against the side of the school when suddenly the stick had been slapped from his hands.

Taehyung had glared at the burning cigarette on the ground before stomping it out and throwing it into the nearest trash can. Then he marched back towards the still surprised alpha and yanked him from the wall before pushing him towards the entrance of the school.

"The hell is your problem?", Jungkook had tried to ask but he was only met with a large hand spreading out onto his back and pushing him forward.

Taehyung didn't seem too much in the mood to reason with him and so Jungkook willingly let himself be guided into the building. It would be a bad sight for him to fight off an omega, especially one that was popular and loved, and especially with a reputation as bad as his.

He could feel the eyes of many students burning into him when they trudged into school and into the busy hallway.

"Taehyung", the alpha tried again when they neared his locker. Jungkook had no idea how the omega knew the location of his locker but that was a question for another day. He first had to get Taehyung away from him before the students' stares burnt him alive.

The omega finally released him when they stood in front of Jungkook's locker. "Grab the books you need".

The raven haired male did not like the sound of that tone and he swiftly glared at the omega. "I'm an alpha you know? Why are you bossing me around?" He was just a tad pissed off at the younger's behavior but the omega didn't seem to care.

"Are you going to do anything about it?", Taehyung merely asked and he cocked his head to the side as if he was challenging him. When the silence between stretched on for too long and the twinkling in Taehyung's eyes had seemed to double, Jungkook finally obliged.

He merely left the question hanging in the air and he grumpily turned around to grab his books. He was almost certain that the omega was smiling behind his back, probably extremely satisfied with Jungkook's obedience. He stuffed the needed books into his empty backpack and turned back around after slamming the locker shut.

"Are you going to leave now?"

Taehyung was back again to not replying and merely grabbed his arm to start dragging him towards his classroom. The alpha felt anger bubbling up inside of him and it took everything in his power not to lash out at the omega.

He hated the silence between them. He hated the stares he was getting from other students. He hated the way he couldn't do anything about it.

He felt like he was being backed into a corner.

He didn't want to hear the whispers about him or the stares he was getting. But to stop them he would have to get angry at Taehyung and that would only result in an even worse reputation. He was stuck in this situation.

It was as if Taehyung could feel the discomfort of the alpha he was dragging along. Because the moment they stood in front of the classroom Jungkook had his next class in, he finally turned around with a worried expression on his face.

The blonde dropped Jungkook's arm and the boy immediately pressed the it against his chest so the omega wouldn't be able to grab onto it again. This made the omega frown, "Are you alright-"

Jungkook fled into the classroom without a word, leaving the end of Taehyung's sentence hanging in the air. The alpha was relieved when he saw an empty seat in the back of the room and rushed into it as he ignored the stares of his fellow students.

The boy could sense that Taehyung was peeking into the room, the omega's brown eyes and blonde hair evident as he peeped from behind the doorway. Jungkook decided to ignore it and grabbed the book he was reading in the library yesterday and tried to emerge into it.

It wasn't much later that the first bell had rung and the teacher walked into the classroom. Jungkook never payed any attention to his teachers' greetings and merely continued reading the next passage in his book. That was until someone tapped him on the shoulder.

When he looked up he came face to face with a frightened beta boy that quickly placed a note on his desk before leaning away from him. Jungkook could see how the unknown boy had paled from merely making eye contact with him and it made him furrow his eyebrows.

He then directed his attention onto the note that had been placed on his desk. It was neatly folded and in big letters it stated To the big bad wolf.

The wording almost made him snicker but he was way too curious to keep staring at the front of the note. He quickly began unfolding it as the teacher in the front set up his powerpoint. Jungkook's eyes scanned the now unfolded note and he grimaced at what was written.

Hi Jungkook,

I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable just earlier. I was so busy thinking up a plan to better your reputation last night that I never even informed you about it. I was only trying to do something good but it turns out I wasn't being too good of a friend. I'm really sorry.

Taehyung

The alpha felt something bad stir in his tummy and immediately recognized it as guilt. Taehyung had tried helping him but he had been so scared of the wholes situation that he just fled without a thought. Jungkook wanted to hit himself against the head for that.

But it was true, the omega should have informed him about something instead of just yanking him into the school building and boss him around like that. And besides, Jungkook did tell him to leave him alone just yesterday. And now Taehyung had called himself his friend. A friend? Jungkook? It was laughable.

Jungkook's tummy though did a few flips as his eyes scanned over the letter again, especially getting stuck on the word friend.

Taehyung was trying to be his friend.

If you liked this story please consider supporting me through ko-fi (something like patreon) it would be much appreciated :) link is in my bio!