TRICKLING BLOOD

Jungkook had heard him scream.

He had only barely walked out of school when the gut wrenching scream had echoed throughout the peaceful night. It had alerted his wolf, shaking him awake and making his eyes glow brightly in the dark. He had abruptly turned around and began running.

Heavy footsteps clashed with the pavement as the alpha hurried back to the school's entrance. He could make out one person, walking around in front of the double doors. He wasn't sure what he had expected to find once he'd arrive, but nothing could have prepared him for this.

There his loved one was, sprawled onto the cold ground, blood leaking out of a mark made between the juncture of his neck and shoulder. His face was pale and lips trembling as his limbs shook beside his body, seemingly having some kind of attack. A muttering Sooyun paced beside the barely conscious omega, arms crossed and eyes flickering between red and brown.

In the midst of all the chaos in his mind, Jungkook realized something.

Bite marks weren't supposed to hurt nor bleed when made with consent. It was supposed to be a pleasurable experience, uniting two wolves as one. This meant one thing.

Taehyung clearly hadn't wanted the mark and that realization angered the fire inside of him even more.

"You fucking asshole!", Jungkook pounced onto the guy, harshly pushing him down onto the ground. In the midst of his anger and the fear washing onto Sooyun's face, the door to the school opened.

Students and teachers streamed out of the double doors, having heard the scream. They backed away as they watched Jungkook bring his fist down onto Sooyun's nose, frightened by the bloody red light glow coming from his eyes. Jungkook heard a satisfying crack coming from beneath his fist and he smiled as he heard the agonizing scream of the other alpha.

The teachers and students didn't move as Jungkook brought another fist down, this time hitting Sooyun square in the jaw. Jungkook smirked as he glanced to the people surrounding them, seeing the shocked expressions on their faces as they stared at something behind Jungkook.

He knew they were looking at Taehyung. It was a known fact that when werewolves got marked without consent, the wound would bleed and hurt, informing all the surrounding teachers and students of what had happened.

"I will you kill for this", Jungkook growled out, fist raised again. He froze when he heard one of the teachers yell at him to back off.

"That's enough Jeon", the principal slowly informed him once he looked up and he could see how the man was urging him to get off.

The boy huffed in anger but got off the pathetic alpha, throwing a glare at the principal, before he turned around and stepped closer to the omega. He could hear students help Sooyun off the ground but he was too focused on the pretty boy bleeding on the ground.

He carefully picked him up and held him close, one arm under the boys legs and one under his shoulders. Students were whispering, pointing and glaring but he merely turned around to face Sooyun, whose nose was bleeding. "I challenge you", Jungkook growled, voice heavy with fury, "Next Sunday. In the center of town. 10 am".

He glanced down to look at Taehyung's state and glared back up at Sooyun. He gritted his teeth as he felt the omega tremble in his hold. "Be prepared to die".

Students gasped and one of the teachers wanted to object but the principal tugged him back.

It was legal to challenge werewolves who marked someone without consent, a challenge that would end with someone's death. Only that way the werewolf could be freed from an unwanted mark. A mark would fade if the person who made it died.

Jungkook challenging Sooyun wasn't an illegal thing to do but it was strange to happen between two teenagers. It wasn't something that happened a lot, especially not in this time and age of consent and omega empowering but it was something that often happened with rape and assault.

It was clear to the other students now. Jungkook would fight for his life and free Taehyung, even if it was the last thing he did.

Sooyun's eyes stood wide as he heard the words and he swallowed. He couldn't back down from the challenge or he'd be killed on the spot. The alpha shakily nodded and accepted the challenge, the gasps of students seemingly overwhelming him even more.

None of the teachers had called an ambulance and so Jungkook guessed that no one cared enough and he was the one to take care of Taehyung now. Jungkook sneered at the surrounding people and left, adamant on carrying Taehyung home and taking care of his wounds.

His footsteps were loud as they rung in the silent night. The walk to his home took a while but he was afraid to run incase he'd hurt the omega even more. His eyes flitted down and was surprised to find the blonde looking back at him, eyes open and awake.

Taehyung's eyes were glossy as they stared at him, mouth hanging open but twitching into a smile. "You came back", he whispered, happiness evident in his voice. Jungkook's heart warmed at this, realizing the other was hoping for him to come back.

While thinking of something to say, he noticed how Taehyung's expression quickly contorted. The boy's mouth opened, and his eyes glanced down at where his wound was located. He couldn't see the mark but when he felt blood trickle down his shoulder, his whole demeanor changed.

"It'll be okay Taehyung", Jungkook quickly assured him when the omega started panicking. He quickened his step, "I'll fix this".

Taehyung trashed in his hold, arm going out to touch his shoulder. "It burns", he frantically voiced out, palm weakly pressing onto the bleeding wound. "It hurts Kookie".

"I know it does darling", the alpha soothingly spoke, throat clogging up at seeing the sassy omega in a state like this, "I will fix this. Don't worry. The mark will be gone soon".

That was, if he won the challenge.

He knew he was labelled as an aggressive wolf, one that constantly attacked people and fought for fun. But that wasn't the case, especially since he hadn't gotten in a fight since he was a young pubertal alpha. He had no clue on how to fight properly.

"Do you want me to take you to your house?", Jungkook carefully asked when the other settled down in his arms. Taehyung paused but softly shook his head. "Take me to yours".

Jungkook nodded and quickened his pace, hoping their first aid kit still was somewhere stuffed underneath the bed. He also hoped his dad was home, since omega's always were a lot better at nursing others.

"You'll be fine. I'll take care of everything".

And that was a promise.