Chapter Two: Lucky?

A tall man with brown hair and a black suit stood in a neatly decorated and arranged studio, a microphone ear piece by his ear and mouth. "Sarah, can you tell me what's going on right now?" He asked.

The camera turned to show a girl that looked like the man's twin sister in a white gown. She smiled. "Well John, students and parents around the country are excited as the new students of this amazing high school are going to be announced. This is life changing!"

The man smiled and laughed. "Yes, indeed it is. Now let's show the teachers and principle of this school, and see what they have to say on this!"

I could tell the girls around me were getting impatient, annoyed. Natsuki showed this by crossing her arms and audibly groaning. "Come on! Just tell us who got in!"

"All good things come in good time, Natsuki." LaLa instructed, smiling a bit.

I glanced over at Sayori. The girl had looked over at me, her blue eyes wide and curious before she smiled warmly. I smiled back to her, and turned my gaze towards Yuri.

She starred at the screen intensely, her eyes deep and glued in the same spot. Either she was focused on the tv, or she was thinking. Thinking like she always did. I just hope she snaps out of it when they start announcing the names.

Ten minutes. We sat and waited for ten minutes until the man returned back in screen. "The wait is over! Let's introduce our twenty freshmen boys!"

More clapping, but this time a louder and a more energetic applause from the people around us as the main event was going down. After the boys, it was the girls.

A light blue background enveloped the full screen as a picture of a boy with blond hair and gold eyes showed up, a few numbers and words describing him.

"First off," The man's voice came into the screen. "We have Oliver Jayen with an average percentage of 98.9!"

We all applauded. I looked around the town square, but saw that no one fitted the description. I've never seen him before.. I wonder if he went our school? Probably not if I didn't recognize him.

"Alright Sarah! Take it away!" The man finished announcing the male names. The camera went back to the woman, and she smiled.

I couldn't tell if it was forced or not. "Thank you John. Now, for all my ladies out there, let's see who got in!"

I didn't realize that after she had said that, I had leaned in and moved closer the the screen, along with Natsuki and Sayori, who were both crossing their fingers and pleading that they got in.

"Guys, everyone else won't be able to see." Yuri reminded quietly, holding in a small laugh.

Sayori and I giggled in embarrassment as we pulled away from the screen. Natsuki did the same, but kept crossing her fingers.

"Please, please, please, please.." Natsuki whispered, desperation in her voice.

The screen showed another girl, one I didn't recognize. "Starting off with Yana Sawio! She got an average of 98.7!"

Please let all of us get in..

"Next we have Sasha Harrison, an average of 99.8!" More clapping as a new girl with blond hair and blue eyes faded into the screen.

We've all worked so hard for this! Please! We need this!

"Megan Lemon with an average of 98.8!"

I know we haven't exactly been lucky our whole lives, but this could turn the tables!

"Patrisha Harrison, average of 96.7!"

Not all of us need to get in. Though it would be ideal, I just want one of them get in. It doesn't even have to be me!

"With 99.7, we have Sayori Atamoshi!"

Did.. Did she just say..?

We were all given last names, since our parents were gone, and LaLa wanted them to be the same. Atamoshi..

"Aaah!" Natsuki squealed, one of the happiest noises I had heard from her. She jumped onto Sayori, wrapping her arms tightly around her.

Sayori's smile wasn't fake. Genuine, pouring out happiness as she laughed and hugged Natsuki back. Still in slight disbelief, I hug the girl next to me.

"I knew you could do it Sayori!" I exclaimed; Sayori was still laughing. I could fell Yuri hug Sayori as well, excitement flowing in the air around us would be an understatement.

"Natsuki Atamoshi got in with a 99.8!"

This time Sayori was the first to scream, hugging Natsuki tighter. Is this really happening? Did they just make it in?

"I did it!" Natsuki laughed, grinning with her sharp teeth.

A proud grin crossed her face as we give her head pats and hugs, but the announcer continued.

"With an average of 99.9, Yuri Atamoshi!"

We turned to the purple haired girl, who had a blank look in her face. Amazement. Shocked. As much as we knew the taller girl disliked being the centre of attention we couldn't hold back.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, Yuri, yes!" Sayori exclaimed, jumping into the now stunned and embarrassed purple haired girl. Natsuki joined her, with squeals if her own.

I took it more easy on my hug, though, looking back I definitely realize we put Yuri in an embarrassing spot.

"And last, but certainly not least," A pause. We all stared at the screen in anticipation. "Lola Hato."

Lola Hato is what I expected her to say. Any other name that wasn't the one she did announce.

"With one of our highest scores, Monika Atamoshi with 100!"

Claps and cheers of my friends became loud as my name was announced. I.. I can't believe this.. Am I dreaming?

"We all made it!" Sayori exclaimed, nuzzling into my neck. "Yes!"

"Well done Monika." Yuri commented, a proud smile on her face. "You worked hard to get this."

"Damn right woman!" Natsuki grinned, hugging me tightly. I hugged them all back. As wide as my arms could go.

I guess I reached my goal. I did it. We did it.