Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Egg Trust Maze

Blinded. Unable to see where you are, or if there's anyone with you. Unable to know if there is anyone like you. Blind. Confused. Scared.

But even a blind man can hear. That's what he really needs. And that's how I felt.

Mrs. Smith's idea was to set up a small course (With magic,) and blindfold three of us. One of us would start off with a very fragile egg, and they would have to navigate around the course with the help of the fourth girl who wasn't blindfolded. They pass it to the second blindfolded girl, and so on until it gets to the finishing line.

I wasn't exactly sure how this was meant to increase our bond, but we agreed to do it anyways; we didn't really have a choice.

I was blindfolded, along with Natsuki and Yuri. Sayori would be the unblindfolded director, to lead us through the maze. It was also possible to direct more than one person at a time, if you wanted too. I waited patiently in the dark to hear any commands.

"Alright Sayori, when ever you're ready." Mrs. Smith says, somewhere from in my right.

"Okay!" Sayori's voice was loud and strong. "Can you all hear me?"

"Yeah!" I respond, smiling.

"Could go easier on the ears though." Natsuki grumbled, making us laugh.

"Okay, Uh, I have the egg.." Sayori mumbled. "Yuri, you're first. Imma give the egg to you! Hold out your hands and get ready!"

"O-oh, okay.." Yuri responds timidly.

"Go Yuri!" I call out, knowing that she might be nervous about this. The girl was always overthinking things.

Next we heard a small yell I've become used to, and a thud. Sayori. "Sayori?" I yell out, needing to be heard over the laughter from Natsuki. "Are you okay?"

"Owwie! I tripped!" She giggles. "Oh shoot, I broke the egg!"

This time I can't help but laugh as Natsuki scolds, "Sayori! Watch where you're walking!"

"I'm sorry!" She whined. "Mrs. Smith, may we get another egg?" She asks in embarrassment.

Mrs. Smith audibly sighs, and Sayori thanks her. "Okay, we're doing this again! Yuri, get ready!" Sayori giggled.

"Okay, hold it tight!" Sayori exclaims, and I only assume Yuri has the egg now.

I don't hear a response from her, so she probably nodded. Sayori than spoke, "'Kay, turn around... stop! Good! And.. Uh.. Move forward, three steps!"

"Wait wait! Stop! My bad! Turn to your left, yeah, and walk forward! Good going Yuri! Okay stop! Now.. Uhm.." Sayori pauses. "Wait, am I trying to get Yuri to you or Natsuki?"

"Me!" Natsuki shouts.

"Ohh.. Okay!" She giggles. "Yuri, turn back around and move forward, I messed up, sorry!"

"Oh! Stop! Now move forward, Uh, I think two steps, no three! Oh, move up one more, and then move to your left. Okay, message to Natsuki, we're really close to you! Uh, move to your.. uh... what direction is that..? Right! Go right!"

"Geez.." Natsuki grumbled, and I can imagine her arms crossed. "I gotta put my trust in that thing?"

I laugh. "Come on, she's doing great so far!"

"Wait, wait, wait!" Sayori shouts quickly, and soon giggles as Natsuki yelps.

"Ow!"

"Sorry!" Sayori and Yuri both said in union.