Chapter Forty-Nine: Doki-Doki

"...."

We watched in silence as Mrs. Lilia walked away, smiling to herself.

Finally, Sayori sighs slowly. "What just happened?"

"Who knows." Natsuki answers, a blank look of confusion on her face.

"So she can't see the door, but we can?" I summarize, glancing at the door.

"But why?" Sayori asked. "And how? She just thinks we walked through a wall!"

Natsuki chuckled. "Magic?"

"Wouldn't doubt it." I answer back, smiling in amusement. "It might be."

"Ooh!" Sayori gasps, raising her hands in the air. "Do you think the people who made this place has a "No adults aloud" rule?"

I laugh lightly, "Ahaha, maybe."

"That's ridiculous." Natsuki rolled her eyes.

Yuri then turns to me, "What did you mean by wanting her to see if she recognized some people?"

"Oh," I smile nervously. "I just wanted to know if she knew any of the women from the portraits, that's all."

Yuri nods in understanding, and Natsuki moves over to the bookshelf to push the lever back and move back the bookshelf's.

"Monika?"

I glance over at Sayori. "Yes?"

"Do we really have to keep this all a secret?"

"What do you mean?" I ask. She looks upset in a way.

Sayori then smiles, but she does so nervously. "Well, about the whole.. Element Guardians thing.."

I sigh. "Well, we have to. We tried showing Mrs. Lilia and we know how that went.."

"But what if we told Adrien?" Sayori asked. "Or Oliver, or Ace, or Jess?"

"Sayor-"

"Or what if we showed Mrs. Lilia our powers instead?" Sayori asked quickly.

"Yeah, but—"

"We can't keep being secretive!" Sayori, once again, interrupts me, now standing on her toes. "We can't keep lying to people!"

"But we can't get people hurt." Yuri joined in. "If there really is evil then they could use the people we care about as weapons."

Sayori looks over at Yuri, her eyes wide and scared like a lost puppies. It hurts to see her like this. "W-What..? How?"

"If we told, let's say, Mrs. Lilia, and she believed us, she could get kidnapped or hurt, and we'd be forced into a trap to save her." Yuri explained. "It's bad enough that we know a lot of people, so we can't tell them."

Sayori sighed, her blue eyes now pierced on the floor. "Oh.. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry," I smile warmly and rest a hand on her shoulder. "We'll do our best to keep people safe."

"What are we talking about?" Natsuki questions, joining us.

"Hey," Oliver waves as we sit down with our food trays at dinner.

Sayori grins. "Hiya!"

"So, can we talk about the cafe real quick?" Oliver asks.

I nod. "Yeah, sure."

"So, since we have people coming in for morning coffee," Adrien started. "We need to be there in the morning."

"We can do that." I say, ignoring Natsuki's annoyed glare.