Chapter Twenty-One: Information And Revenge Are Both Sweet

"Element Guardians?" I repeat, slightly confused. "What are they?"

"They are the four main elements that had made up Earth; Fire, Water, Air, and Earth itself." Mrs. Smith explains. "The original guardians are gone, I'm not sure what happened to them, after fighting a strange dark essence. The world needs new ones, and I guess the elements have chosen you four."

"So we really did do that stuff that happened in the classroom." Natsuki muttered, bewildered at herself.

"Yes, Natsuki can control Fire, Sayori can control Water, Yuri can control Air, and Monika can control Earth."

"I don't think we can actually control our.. Elements." Sayori whispered, her eyes starring down at her lap.

Mrs. Smith laughed. "No, of course you can. The only reason they acted was because of the magic reaction, and how emotional you four were. When you four started to get nervous or angry, your elements picked up on that, thus making.. that happen." She explained, taking a sip of her tea.

Natsuki sighed. "So, then how do we control them?"

Mrs. Smith looked up to face her, a cracked smile on her face. "I am here to teach you. I may not have special powers like yours myself, but I know enough about magic to help. Besides, we never know if that dark essence will come back, and you four will need to fight."

Dark essence..? Why does that sound so familiar? "Wait- Do you know the book of some kind of historical event that was telling how the world was made and some evil essence was trying to concur the different realities?"

"How do you know that?" Mrs. Smith asks. "The story was told in ancient scrolls that burnt down, and the original book his hidden somewhere."

Sayori's eyes widened. "We were able to get into the secret room in the library!"

"Library? Is that were is was?"

Sayori nods. "Yes, we pulled a book and then opened a door that was hidden behind the bookshelf's, and a small room with weird stuff was in there!"

"Interesting." Mrs. Smith mumbles. "Anyways, you mustn't tell anyone about this. You've already caused some attention as it is, you don't need to add more to the list."

"We get it!" Natsuki growled, being annoyed. "But how can someone not get angry at Sasha?"

"Well, you'll have to try your best to stay calm around her then." Mrs. Smith stands up, the cups to tea quickly dissolved into air and vanished. "Come back tomorrow at the same time wearing good training clothes. We start at the same place tomorrow."

Sayori stood up and saluted, giggling. "Yes ma'am!"

"Are you sure we can do this?" I'm surprised as Yuri speaks up doubtfully for the first time since our encounter with Mrs. Smith.

Mrs. Smith is shocked as well, hesitating before quickly answering. "Of course you can. The Elements choose you. Plus, you don't really have a choice, you four are the only ones that wield their power."

As we turned to walk out of the forest, the older woman stopped us. "Oh, and before you leave, I want to mention that your body is getting used to adapting to your new power, so weird things may start happening. Be careful."

In utter confusion, we walk back into the halls of the school. This was all too much. Should we believe her? She seems legit so far, but.. Element Guardians? I feel like that rings a bell.

"So, it's currently dinner time." Natsuki says, checking the rounded white clock that hung on the wall.

"Ugh.. Do we really have to go down to the cafeteria?" Sayori whined, sluggishly walking down the hallway behind us.