Chapter Thrity-Six: Getting Our Books Back

"Huh?"

Drowsily, I open my eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the sudden brightness of the sun. What time is it? Did I.. Fall asleep?

Below me is Sayori, standing in the ground with her arms crossed and a pouty expression in her face that's cute.

And when I say cute, I just mean puppy cute. Not.. Not like, cute, cute. No. Not in that type of way. Right?

"Hey!" Sayori calls, waving her arms in the air and making me snap out of my thoughts. "I've been trying to get you to wake up! Come on down!"

I smile bashfully and begin climbing down the tree, embarrassed and slightly ashamed that Sayori had to come look for me.

I can do better then that.

Once I can safely walk on the ground again, Sayori rushes up to me with tight hug, forcing the air out of me.

"I was worried sick when I woke up and didn't see you!" Sayori exclaimed. "I thought someone took you! Or you ran away! Or you turned into a bird!"

Her rush of words and worry makes me heat up. She actually.. Cares? Wait..

"Bird?" I ask, watching as Sayori let's go of me. "Why did you think I was a bird?"

"Well, when I came looking for you, I called out your name in the forest," Sayori explains as we walk back towards the dorms. "And a lot of birds responded. Then I saw this really cute red and black small little bird, and when I followed it, it led me to you!"

I laugh. Did that really happen? "Thanks for coming to look for me."

Sayori blinks in surprise before smiling widely. "Anything for you!"

"Anything for you!" ..Why does that make me feel nice?

Once we got back, I told Sayori we should get ready for the day, and simply change in the normal outfits we used when we were training.

She agreed, and we got ready normally; well, as normal as you can when you're sharing a bathroom with a mermaid.

Once finished, we walked out the door and locked it, walking across the red carpeted floor to the dorm across from us.

Sayori giggles as she knocks in the wooden surface. "It's funny, usually Natsuki and Yuri are the ones coming to get us!"

I laugh with her. "Yeah! This'll be a change!"

The door very harshly swings open, and an angered pinkette stood in the doorframe. She was wearing her set of extra clothing, (They seemed to have the same idea as me,) and she glared at Sayori and I before sighing.

She swung open the door and quickly grabbed Sayori and pulled her inside, with me left to follow on my own.

"Finally! Glad you could make it!" Natsuki says, now holding a thin, paperback manga, cute colours and text on the cover.

She waves it around in the air as she looks at Sayori and me. "Can you two tell Yuri that paperback books are much more efficient then hardcover books?"

Uh oh..

Sayori laughed nervously as I scanned the room for Yuri. The taller girl was wearing the same thing as Natsuki, and was standing by a well made bed, brushing out her hair.

Natsuki and Yuri, (If appearances weren't a giant clue,) are polar opposites. One's shy and calm and proper, while the other is loud, easily angered and wild.

They argue about their differences obviously, but they were doing pretty well so far at keeping calm.

Yuri rolled her violet eyes as she set the hair brush down on the bedside table. "Natsuki, paperback books are easier to damage and get wet. They don't have protection like hardcover books do."