Chapter Forty-Two: Second Tries

What a total disaster.

I wake up, and all of a sudden I am this.. This fox thing with nine tails, and I remember going hungry for meat, but that's all.

Then, Natsuki tells me that I messed up the cafeteria, and then the four boys come in, so Sayori closes the bathroom door on me, and tells me to turn back.

But it's not that easy! Yuri turned back fine somehow, Natsuki stopped her transformation by getting splashed with water, (I'm already wet thanks to waking up in a bathtub,) and Sayori turns back from getting dried.

And I'm dried! And yet I'm still in this weird form of mine!

I glare at myself in the mirror, my ears bent in frustration as my glowing green eyes glare back at me. And now, out of no where, the stupid thick tree vines come back and decide to grow in a bathroom. Just great.

I groan in frustration. "This is not my day.."

It's really not after I hear something crashing and breaking. Forcing me to look over, I notice one of the vines growing out of the wall, sweeping bottles and bathroom accessories off the shelf's and onto the floors.

My ears instinctively perk up, hearing a muffled voice coming from outside the bathroom door. "Is something in there?" Oliver?

Oh no. Oh no no no no no! Please don't come in! Please don't come in!

Frantically, I look around at the vines growing from the flooring and walls, cracking the white designed squares as they tilled the smooth surfaces for decoration. My eyes land back into the mirror, showing me still with two animal ears on my head.

"Some stuff is falling! Like, uh, girl stuff!" Sayori exclaims in the other room, trying cover up my mess.

I take a deep inhale, and begin walking around the small room, trying to get my nerves to settle.

"Okay Monika.." I mumble to myself. "Keep it together."

The only reason this is happening is because you're stressed. If you calm down, the vines will go away, you'll be normal again.

I let go of the breath I was holding slowly, closing my eyes. Yes.. That's it.. Just relax-

In a split moment I feel something rough stub against my foot, and I open my eyes, only to see myself falling face first onto the ground.

Quietly, I groan in pain, glaring at the growing green vine on the floor behind me on which I tripped on.

"Okay, something is in there." Oliver says, his voice becoming louder as he likely walks closer to the bathroom door. "I'm opening the door."

Sayori yells, "No!"

No!

Still on the floor, I quickly raise my hand on instinct, helplessly watching as the door began to turn open. A large, green tangled vine spouted from behind the door, growing against it, and slamming the door closed after it began opening a small bit.

I sigh in relief, resting my hand down on the floor and heaving myself up to a stand. Okay.. Let's try this again.

I stand in front of the mirror, trying my best to ignore the pounding coming from outside the door. Natsuki's yelling doesn't help me concentrate any better either.

"What is wrong with you?!" The pinkette yells. "First you four start to prance into a girls dorm, and then you try and walk into their bathroom? You perverts!"

Ace shouts back at her, "What do you mean? Did you not hear all the banging inside the bathroom?!"

I close my eyes. Stop yelling.. Please. Okay Monika. Second try. Calm down, don't focus on what's happening outside. You're fine.