[19]

LUKE POV

"It was a pleasure meeting you here today, Mr. Hale, I'll have my people contact yours about finalizing the contract soon," Mr. Wen stated as he firmly shook my hand with a tight lipped smile.

I knew despite his rush to leave, he was going to stick to his word. Which means, I can celebrate by getting Toby a souvenir. What would he want? Food, for sure but I don't think I can bring it onto the plane- actually, yes I can and that's the way to go. I shook hands with the board of directors while the secretary Parker, escorted everyone out of the hall.

"Thank you, Parker, you may take your leave now,"

Parker nodded her head and turned around and out of the door. I gathered up all of my paperwork before checking my watch, he should still be up, shall I call him to check in? I slipped out my phone as I walked and called my Little Bear.

"Hey Pickle! I miss you, when are you coming back?" He immediately answered and I couldn't stop my chuckle.

"Hey Little Bear, how are you?"

"I'm doing great actually, I went back to our spot and finished up the picture, then I went to our other spot and wrote in my journal until I got writers block, now I'm talking to you. When are you returning? I miss you,"

I can see his pout, I miss him too, thankfully I'm boarding my plane tonight to surprise him.

"I miss you too, I'll be back soon, I promise. How's your dad, have your parents been home?"

I made my way into the elevator as he went on about his parents reappearance, then disappearance and his dad's latest news on his Uncle. After that he went on about Ray and Cyrus, how they're so cute, I didn't care but I couldn't help but listen because Toby just sounded so excited. I think this is a part of Toby that I enjoy the most, how into his emotions he is and how he's so expressive of them when he can't contain himself.

"Luke? Is that you?" A voice called pulling me out of my trance with Toby. I turned and looked at the hellish nightmare standing behind me and held back my groan of agony. Of course Ashton would be here, just to get on my nerves and make me want to snap. He smiled brightly as he got the view of my face and I quickly shook off any emotion from my face. I took in a calm and collected breath and just faced forward, I will not allow him to ruin my mood.

"You okay, Pickle?" Toby's voice rang.

"Why it is you, I've missed you," Ashton giggled as he slid his hand onto my chest.

"I gotta call you back," I grumbled as I snatched Ashton's had off my chest and glared. I hung up the phone before I could even hear Toby's response, I needed to end this situation right here.

"Mr. Ingrid, please refrain from touching me, speaking to me, or even coming near me in any matter, take this as your only warning," I grunted as I shoved his hand back to him, fortunately the elevator door opened and I hastily left the building. The audacity this manipulative asshole has is beyond me, I didn't even know where I was going, but any place other than here was far better.

Before I knew it, I was in a small deserted café, running my hands through my hair in attempts to get myself together. Pulled the phone right out my pocket and redialed Toby; each ring felt like it took six eternities before he finally picked up the phone.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked softly and I couldn't stop the deep sigh that escaped me.

"I'm better now, just had to get rid of a parasite, I'm sorry that I ended the call so abruptly,"

"It's alright, did you want to talk about it?"

I simply groaned and shook my head, forgetting that he couldn't even see me.