ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

1st Person•

"I'm gonna miss you, cheer camp. But definitely not your food, I swear the chefs there are garbage!" I mumbled to myself. "Are you talking to yourself?" A familiar voice asked. I turned and blushed out of embarrassment.
"Cousin! Hey! Don't mind me!", Addison giggled. "I'm really going to miss it here! I learned new cheers, I've gotten more athletic, and I met some new friends!" I prepped. Addison smiled and gave me a hug. "Same cuz. Same. Well besides all the shade and the minor harrassment from the Aceys." We both rolled our eyes from their rotten names and packed our luggages in the bus.

I sat by the cute hunk, Bonzo, while Addison and Bree sat together. From that point on, it was smooth sailing. I couldn't help but stare at Bonzo carving a familiar face into an apple. And then it hit me. That familiar face was Bree. "OMG! You're totally crushing on Bree! And you got skills, man!" I complimented. The zombie responded with a "Gar Bleh Zuclerak". Yeah, I TOTALLY understand, Bonzo.

"Addison, will you..." I heard Bree read. And that's when I saw it. There were signs on the side of the road. Was somebody about to ask Addison out? "Go...to the...Prawn????", everyone on the bus finished confused. Addison called out "Zed!!". What? Zed is here? Where? Aaaannndddd...that's where we crashed. Zed was barely hanging on the bus and we were swirling like crazy. My cousin and Zed had their little moment, matching their palms on the glass looking into each other's eyes romantically. But that didn't stop everyone from the shock of us going off the road and into the woods. Zed fell off and we were all screwed. The bus eventually stopped and no one was hurt. But Addison hopped off from her seat only to find Zed nowhere to be found. She immediately ran for the door and dashed out. "A-Addison, wait!" I called out. Are you kidding me? The farther Addison ran, the more I couldn't keep up with her. I thought it was safe to say both of us were lost, but not together. I can't find her, and she can't find Zed. But then, I caught a chill up my spine.

I wasn't alone. Shadows, yet in the light of day, dashed in the corner of my eye. There were multiple. Twigs snapped. The breeze of these 'shadows' could be heard. Things got scary real quick. I slowly stepped back multiple times, unaware of what I was about to deal with. And then I caught I quick glimpse. People. Weird looking people-No, savage people. The faint, yet noticable yellow glow in their eyes. They ran on their arms and feet. Streaks of white in their hair. Sharp claws. Ripped, edgy clothing. Marks or tattoos all over their limbs and cheeks. The way they looked at me. As if they hadn't eaten in days and I was just their appetizer. I realized I was in big danger. A howl of a wolf could be heard in the distance, but I couldn't see it. Then they all started to howl. Wolf..people? Werewolves? I rubbed my eyes only to hope I was dreaming. I opened my eyes again but they were gone. Just like that, in the blink of an eye. Literally. A shriek could be heard and I thought it was Addison. I followed the scream and correct I was, it was Addison who was apparently holding her zombie boyfriend. The other students approached her. "Addy, what were you thinking?! You can't just run into the woods, at least not by yourself. Anything could've happened to you! Starting with being a full course meal...I saw something. People. Howling like... werewolves???" I warned. Addison and I swapped looks. "Y-you saw them too! Guys, we're not alone. We're surrounded by werewolves!" She also warned. Zoie cheered, "Cool!". No, not cool. The swarm of my fellow peers became in a frantic. This can't take a turn for the worse, right?

"All anti monster laws are reinstated!" Auntie Missy said before banging her mallet on the podium. Half the audience signed in relief and clapped while the others(mostly the zombies) gasped. I looked around. "Mom, that is unfair!" Addison whined. Auntie Missy did a sign of "Zip it, young lady!". I also thought it was unfair. More unnecessary than unfair. "Such hypocrites! There's a better way to handle this!" I whispered. "I agree" Bree said behind me. "I've come to realized that no matter how many times Seabrook changes it's ways...it's impossible to forget the past and their old way of living. I understand why they're doing it but they're only thinking for themselves and not the zombies. This impacts everyone." She said. I nodded and totally felt how she felt. But I'm not the one who's crushed. If anything, Zed must feel awful.