ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18

Wyatt could barely contain himself. He was so mad but mostly confused. He barely understood a word she said. The more he thought about it, the more he started to shake violently. Willa reached out for his leg. "Calm down. I told you this was bound to happen. She doesn't like us or where we stand. You scared her off." He slapped her hand off of him. "Don't do that! Don't talk to me like I was oblivious! She's just scared. Scared of...what happened last night. In the woods." "What happened?" Willa asked in a concern tone. He answered, "I don't know."

At the wrong place, in the wrong time, Winston walked through the cave entrance. The attention was focused on the werewolf. "And it's because of him" his voice changed by rage. He stood up from the log and charged at his bastard brother. "You. Asshole!" He took Winston by the shirt and interrogated.

"What did you do?!" Winston took a deep breath and laughed a bit. "What do you mean 'what did I do to her?' She stepped on her turf and I may have given her a fright." He explained. Wyatt gladly gave him another punch. "Elaborate." "Come on, little bro. This mystery wolf tamer isn't real. It's just some myth the werewolves made to restore their hope. And even if it was real, I wouldn't let some nobody steal my title. You know better than anyone here that I deserve to be Alpha. I was practically born to be Alpha."

Wyatt sighed. "You're a bad person. There was a reason we exiled you and Wren from the pack. So because you no longer matter to us, Willa is now the Alpha. That is until Addison claims her role. If I ever see your face in the den again, I'll have to rip it off." Willa comforted Wyatt. "That's enough. He gets the message." Wyatt slowly but carefully let go of his older brother. As Winston left, he showed his last smirk. "He's trying to stop us from declaring Addison as alpha. Next time, I won't just let him leave." Wyatt nudged Willa's shoulder as he walked back to the campfire.

"Well look who showed up. I was beginning to think you completely ditched us for those dogs." Bucky commented. "Yeah, that's not where my head is at now. So, just be glad I came." "there's a seat next to Zed and one beside me but you're obviously going to pick your favorite cousin." Now I was at a point where I had to decide even the most simple things that shouldn't matter. "How kind but I'm just going to sit here- at the seat right in front of me." I guess I didn't need to sound so obvious but with Bucky, it might be for the best. In fact, I think it's best if I just order now and leave early. I'm definitely not feeling this brunch-thing. "Hi." a soft but deep voice greeted. "Hi, Zed."  

"I heard the french toast here was pretty good." He was trying to make small talk but deep down he knew this was just as awkward. How could we just forget everything that happened at the fair. I thought I was ready for this but I was obviously not. Zed spoke again, "Hey, uhm. Why don't we just start over? Before everything went downhill." "Yeah, that would be nice." What good is starting over? Don't get me wrong, I still have feelings for him. He said he liked me a lot but it doesn't feel real. It feels like it's one big joke.

"Excuse us guys, Y/N and I are gonna talk outside for a minute. We'll be back soon so don't order without us." Um, wtf. Who agreed to this cause I know I didn't. I followed the zombie outside and waited for a response. "So, you wanted to talk." "I feel as if I don't know what I want. Usually, I've always felt so straight forward with these kinds of things but when it comes to you, everything stops. I was so sure Addison was my soulmate but something about you hits different." At that exact moment I kicked a pebble. "And when did you come to those feelings cause...if you're asking me to hookup with my cousin's boyfriend, you're surely mistaken."

Since a couple years ago, I've had a crush on him. I know this. But I would never want to admit that because of Addison. Maybe I made little love songs to myself about him, maybe I wrote down everything in my heart, maybe just maybe, I've had dreams about him, but I'm willing to give all that up. Nowhere in girl code does it specifically say to not hookup with your cousin's boyfriend but it's still very wrong and sick. He confessed, "I've always liked you since day one." I laughed, "Should I be flattered or should I cringe? That sounds very cliche." Playing hard to get is my only option. Cause if I even try to show an ounce of care, I'll fall for him even harder.

"Zed, I think you're cool and very attractive but I think we should wrap this up. I'm sure they're starving." It hurts seeing him down. He tried to hide his frown with a fake smirk. "I agree. Let's go." Zed concluded.

The rest of brunch was a breeze. Who knew peach-flavored cinnamon rolls were so good? Believe it or not, I had fun. I needed this. A lot. Zed and I did not continue to speak after we got inside but it didn't bother me. I was actually hanging out with my friends. Doing something normal. After Bucky payed for the food and just had to let everyone know, we grabbed our to-go boxes and left the restaurant.

"See, that wasn't so bad." Addison gave me an "I told you so". I rolled my eyes. "I'll meet you back at the house, I have to run an errand." She said. I nodded and placed my to-go box in  my basket on my bike. "Oh! Addi-" I realized everyone left that fast. So I was the only one here. "Well damn, y'all really dipped on me."

"I'm still here." Zed's voice startled me. I turned around. "Oh, hi. Again." "If I told you I wanted to kiss you, what would you say?" I thought about it. "I would say, 'I'll pass...because...you...' ". My voice slowly fainted and as he got closer. I took a gulp because I knew what came next. He grabbed my waist and gently pressed his lips against mine. I wanted to pull back but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I've waited for this for so long.

But the moment didn't last when I heard some movement in the corner of my eye. "W-Wait, we should stop. Someone saw us." "Right. Yeah. I'll see you at school tomorrow." Zed removed his palms from my waist. I licked my upper lip at the thought of Zed kissing me. Gosh I'm so hormonal. I promised myself it would never go this far and it did. I completely betrayed her. And to make matters worse, someone, probably from our friend group, saw us. I'm so screwed.
:)