ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17

Ya' know, it went from helping a mysterious teen to being chased by a giant werewolf. What went wrong? I can't even tell you anymore. I can only focus on right now. And right now, I'm laying on the cold, smooth street.

"Hey, wake up."
"Y/N, wake up!
"Please, wake up!"

Those familiar, large hands shook my shoulders very frantically. "Wyatt?" I wheezed. "Y/N, why are you out here? I thought you were dead." It didn't take me long to remember what happened. "You ran away so I followed you but-" The flashback from last night kicked in. "Where is he?! Y-Your brother!" I panicked. "I don't know nor do I care. He's probably dragging his feet on the dirt as we speak but that doesn't explain why you were sleeping on an abandoned street. "Were you here all night?"

I thought it would be best if I didn't tell him. There's already enough drama as it is in his life. "I just got tired from looking for you." He was confused. "So you decided to...sleep in the open instead of going to your house?" My excuse does sound pretty dumb but that's not the point. I explained, "Look, I'm lost. Can you just take me home?" Wyatt nodded. I hopped on his back as usual and he ran 5 times the average human. The wind constantly hit my face but it wasn't as magical as before.

"Alright. We're here." He was right. My large, modern house in the neighborhood. "Are you okay?", Wyatt asked. I stopped walking to the door. "No. I'm not. Is-This is crazy, right?" By the look on his face he didn't understand a thing I was saying. "Wyatt, I thought I was just your free pass to help save lives! Not just your 'fake girlfriend'! And not that I don't mind, but were we really ever doing anything to save your pack? Think about it, how were we one more step closer than you were before I came into your life? Did we ever do anything that could help?" Wyatt thought about it for a while and rebutted, "I gave you the mark! And the amulet!".

I rolled my eyes. "Heh, that damn mark. That mark was useless! It was all useless. You could've just gave Addison the amulet for her birthday yourself. You don't need me."

"I wanted you to give it to her so it wouldn't be 'weird' if a random werewolf gave it to her and she has a boyfriend. It's not like you got her a birthday gift anyway...Y/N, where's all this coming from? Why the sudden change of heart?"
"Because 24 hours ago, I was running for my life? And I fell unconscious from fear and stress or something like that."
"What? What're you even talking about?"
Damn. I wasn't even supposed to say anything. "Y/N, what happened back there?" I sighed obnoxiously. "Wyatt, it's been fun. But I can't keep doing whatever we were doing. Because let's be honest; you were never serious about this. Because you didn't know what to do." I gave him a light kiss on the cheek.

"Goodbye, Wyatt."

I felt bad about leaving Wyatt like that. I could hear his hand softly drag his claws on my door. But the noise slowly stopped when I felt the tight grip of my cousin wrapping her arms around me. "Y/N! I am so sorry! I just was thinking about it all day and I was a really bad person towards you when it came to Wyatt. I realized I was acting just like the other kids in Seabrook when they found out I was hanging with zombies. I really want us to make up again. And I'm going to be more supportive with your relationship with him." She explained.

I find it funny how when Wyatt and I 'broke up', Addison was finally on-board with us. I can't tell if it was a sign from the universe or it was just one big slap in my face. "I accept your apology, Addy." Though I couldn't see it, I could tell she had a big, bright smile on her face. She agreed, "Great! Well I'm going to go brunch with our friends, want to come?" I nodded.

I took a quick shower, went to my room, and put on some clothes. Yes, I broke up with Wyatt, but why does it feel so wrong? I wish what happened didn't happen but I was literally fearing for my life and for what? It was a dumb warning and I never want to feel like that again. So maybe it was inevitable. Maybe it wasn't. And I don't plan on telling Addison or anyone else from now.

As I rode my bike, I started getting memories. I remember the first time I officially met Wyatt and his pack when I went to give out 'Zed merch'. His charming, yet mischievous smile. And how could I forget the time we were stuck in the gym locker room. That day, we connected more than any day we ever had together. That sounds hella cringey but fuck it. I enjoyed it. Well, it wasn't a bad day.

I walked in the restaurant and immediately saw the faces of my friends. Bree and Eliza fighting over the biscuits were pretty funny. Zed and Bonzo teasing each other and devouring their waffles. Bucky being picky with his food choosing only healthy choices. Yep. This is what I needed. Not saving a rare species. I'm a teenager. I need to do things that teenagers do. I need to focus on my friends. Zed and I made eye contact. It was awkward I have to admit. But I new I had to face him one day. Let's do this.