ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9

"This is literally all your fault!" "How is this my fault?!" Wyatt asked baffled. "We wouldn't be stuck here if it wasn't for you! You could've waited to tomorrow to give me this dumb box but no. We're stuck here. In a boys' locker room."

8 hours earlier
"Students were hanging up posters and fall decorations around our school. "Man, this Fall Festival is gonna be great!" Bree said as she admired the orange theme. "It better be. Last time, it sucked. The food was disgusting and there were barely any activities. I spoke, "Which is why I'll be stepping in. The Fall Festival was awful, as Addison already stated so I will be taking charge and make sure everything runs smoothly. Doing this, more people will vote for Zed!" The zombies eyes had sparkles. "That's amazing, Y/N! Thank you!" I blushed and shrugged. See, I am pretty great.

"We can come up with some cool festivities at lunch, and I'll distribute that with the budget. Then, I'll discuss it over with Principal Lee and that's our Fall Festival." The whole squad agreed and went our separate ways. Except for me. I tapped Bree's shoulder as she walked away. "Um, have you seen Wyatt around?" She shook her head. "Is everything okay?" she asked. "Yeah, just haven't seen him at school today. He's usually annoying me or something but it's just been quiet. He didn't come to class either." I explained. She stated, "If I see him, I'll tell you." I thanked her and went to my locker.

As I opened my new lock I bought because Wyatt tore off the old one, a piece of paper slipped the openings. I read it. "Hey, I won't be in school because something came up but meet my at 8 tonight. There's something I need to tell you. From, Wyatt". I balled up the paper and huffed. "Whhhyyyyyy?!"

7 ½ hours later
I really should be ashamed of myself. Everytime he calls, I go. And for what? Because of death? ...Okay, that sounds messed up nvm. I peaked outside the girls' bathroom before I made my grand escape. I can't believe stayed in the bathroom for 5 hours. At least I had social media and a burrito by my side the entire time.

Waiting for the school to close was a smarter idea than sneaking out. I hope this becomes a normal thing. And that's when I forgot one thing: Janitors. Walkie-talkies could be heard from around the corner so I ran. It seemed like the static was following me so I ran in the gym. I had nowhere to hide so I dipped in the dark boys' locker room. "Mr. Wilson, did you clean the locker rooms?" "Yes sir. Can you lock it for me. I don't know if I did?" The man responded through the distortion of static. I covered my mouth to prevent any noises from me. Keys were russeled and the door was officially locked. I waited till the janitor was gone to attempt to open the door. I jerked the handle non-stop but I knew it would budge. I slumped down on the wall to the cold floor and let out a sigh.

"Took you long enough." A familiar voice greeted. "Wait. You're here too?...!" I asked. He nodded. The moonlight from a tiny window slip above shimmered on the werewolf as he looked at me. "Why are you even here? Why are we even here? We're stuck." The werewolf answered, "Maybe it was fate? Or maybe it was the mark that led you to me. And yeah, I heard. We are stuck." "Nah, I'm pretty sure I ran in here to avoid getting in trouble with the staff." He stated,"That's werewolf magic for you." I gently pulled my hair and groaned. This is the last guy I wanted to be stuck with.

"Can't you use your super strength or something? And why did you even ask me to meet you here?" "I'm strong but not enough to break a rock-hard wall. Besides, that's risky. I wanted to give you something. Wyatt pulled out a tiny, detailed box. It had markings and a gold wolf embedded on it. It was truly beautiful. "What's that?" "Inside is a moonstone necklace." "Why are you giving it to me?" "On Addison's 17th birthday, there's supposed to be a full moon. Tell her to put it on before midnight and come to the den." Oh hell no. "I'm not supposed to give it to you. Willa wants to be sure Addison is the Alpha first and wait till next year but we don't have time to be sure. I know she is. She has to be."

I genuinely feel bad though. He thinks she's the Alpha but she isn't. I know that and everyone else does. One side, the greater side, of me doesn't want to do it. I know for a fact we have nothing to do with beasts but if he's sure, I have to trust his word. Wyatt sat beside me and handed over the box. "So." "So?" "We'll just have to wait till tomorrow for us to bust out of here." "Tomorrow?! No! We can't wait then! I'll get in even more trouble!" I took out my phone in hopes to call someone who can help but of course. It was dead. I used the battery up while I was in the bathroom.

Every second we sat here doing nothing, the more I got agitated. "This is literally all your fault. "How is this my fault?!" Wyatt asked baffled. "We wouldn't be stuck here if it wasn't for you! You could've waited to tomorrow to give me this dumb box but no. We're stuck here. In a boys' locker room. I'm gonna get in so much trouble. Then I'll never hear the end of it from Addison."

"Why do you always care about what Addison thinks about you? She's your cousin anyway, it doesn't matter." I couldn't help but look at him in the most frustrated face. "You obviously don't know her! She always treats me like a child. Of course she's kind to me and loves me but she treats me like a child! ....But yeah, I haven't been making the best choices lately. So I expect to see some disappointment in her but geez, lighten up, am I right? With my uncle and aunt always out, she's been around to take care of me and we look out for each other. I just don't want her to think I'm not responsible enough to do things on my own. That's why I never told her about 'us'. She has her things and I have mine. I don't want her to always worry about me." I explained. "Willa and I are exactly the same. She's the current Alpha and I'm the Beta. She acts like she's better than me and always feels the need to take charge when I have things under control. I have show her that I can be just as good as an Alpha as her." "Is that why you've been rushing things and asking me to meet up with you? You want to find the Alpha first to prove yourself?" He nodded in agreement. "We aren't so different afterall

3rd Person
The two looked at each other and smiled a bit. Y/N realized, "Maybe this is what I needed. I've been so lost and distracted lately. It's nice to have someone who can relate to me on some level." "Oh yeah?" He asked. Y/N's fingers slowly approached Wyatt. They touched and the teenagers blushed. "This is weird, right? How did we even end up in this position?" Y/N laughed. Wyatt spoke, "I don't know. This may sound selfish but I'm kinda glad. It's nice to get to know you better. I used to think you were this really sassy girl who depended on no one but herself. But I see you in a more different light now." "I could say the same thing. I thought you were a perverted wolf-boy, which I still kind of do but you're just looking out for your people. I respect that." She said. And just like that, the clouds that were blocking the moon went away, and the moonlight shimmered on both of them.

For a stupid situation, they really know how to lighten it up.