ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15

Wyatt squeezed my hand tightly. "Are you nervous?" I teased. He released a drop of sweat. "Pssh, no. It's just, my family can be over the top. Very annoying and I wouldn't want them to scare you away." He doubted. "Nothing will scare me away. To be honest, I'm sure I'm gonna love your family."

As we got closer to the den, I could feel Wyatt's anxiety tensing on me. "Are you sure you're going to be okay?" He nodded. "About time. Oh gosh, you brought her? Again?!" Wynter said with spite. "Nice to see you too, Wynter." I greeted with a fake smile. "You better hurry. Dinner is ready." She said to her brother. We both shared a look. "This is our cave, But of course you already know that." I sighed. "I'm in wolf territory so I assume we eat with on the ground with our hands. So like, where's the fruit or meat?" Wynter snickered. "You look stupid, get up." The whole pack joined in with laughter.

I stood up embarrassed. Wynter pushed over a boulder which was covering a whole secret entrance. "Wait, what?" The two werewolves walked closer to the darkness. "Try to keep up." Wyatt warned. The deeper we got in the cave, the more darker it got. "This was how you guys stayed hidden all these years?" "There. Light." Wyatt pointed. He was right. But just a faint." We sped up and finally reached the end. What we saw was a huge mineshaft-type cave. With a lot of werewolves just casually walking and just living. The glow was from torches and campfires and sound were from wolves howling and celebrating like vikings. "Wyatt, this is amazing. Words can't even describe this liveliness. "You're actually the first human to think that." Wynter said softly. "You've brought humans here before?" She reverted back to her normal attitude, "I-it's ancient history. Something that's not your business...but I do appreciate your reaction." I admired the wolf puppies running around chasing the kids and the men  sparing with each other.

"Hey, we're here." We stopped at a big medieval door. "And I would warn you but I'm quite interested to see how this will go." She said. The werewolf opened the door and let's just say, I started to feel what I felt. The room was sort of like a royal dining room. Not what I was expecting but okay. Heads of pigs and deers were hung up the walls like trophies. Willa eyed me and groaned, "Tell me your kidding." The werewolves stopped their conversation and turned the heads at us. Willa's claws dug in to the wooden, long table as I walked down to a seat. "Son, who is this." an beautiful, white haired lady asked. She pointed her finger at me.

"Um, guys. This is my 'girlfriend', Y/N." I waved awkwardly. "You brought her here without my permission. What if she tells the whole town! You know what? We'll talk later" she scolded Wyatt.

I must be extremely stereotypical. I thought there would be raw, bloody animals here but it's just cooked rabbit and chicken. "Meh, still better than my aunt's cooking." I mumbled to myself. "Why is she here?! Have you no honor to our family's sacred home?!" A man yelled at him. Shit, I can see why he was so nervous. "I've been dating her for a while now, I thought it would be only right for her to meet you guys and introduce you to her." "You're naive. She'll turn on you." The uncle looked at Willa. "Did you know about this?" Willa cleared her throat and looked down.  She nodded in disappointment. It was silent and very tense here. It wasn't exactly comfortable.

A load creak in the door startled us. "Heeyy, guys! What's all this?" A boy walked through the door. Wyatt got up from his chair and shouted, "You shouldn't be here!" "Relax, baby bro. I just missed my family!" I could see a vain pop put Wyatt's hand. "What's that smell? Bacon?" He sniffed the air but obviously wasn't smelling the bacon, cause he passed the cooked pig. He walked behind my chair. "Ahh, that's right. Someone invited a human." He said as he pat my head. What an awkward situation I brought myself in. I don't like this. Wyatt grit his teeth, "Get away from her". "Please! Let's not make a scene everyone. Winston, you're not welcome here."

"You know by birth right and me being the oldest and strongest...I am the Alpha. You know...with dad being dead and all" He said with a cocky and unempathetic tone. Willa corrected, "You were banished and now I'm filling in that role until we find the Alpha from the prophecy". He formed a those fake puppy eyes, "Won't you let me stay? Just for dinner. Then I'll leave." Again, not suprising, there was a moment of silence. Willa asked, "For good?" "For good."  "Very well." She said with caution. "Willa-" Wyatt whined but was interrupted but his sister's expression.

"Is this seat taken, sweetheart?" His deep, intimating voice asked me. I looked at the empty, wood chair. "N-no" I stuttured. Winston mumbled, "oh, don't mind if I do!" He grabbed an overcooked rabbit's foot. "Where's Wren?" "Off, roaming in the night. I tried to get her to come but she no longer sees you as family for what you did. But me on the other hand, I forgive you." The mother shouted at her eldest, "I did what I had to do. You were out of control!" He backtalked, "Pssh, and so were you. Tell them how many guys you messed around with while you were in your marriage."

And out of the blue, Wyatt slammed his fist on the table and ran out. "Wyatt!" I called out, but I knew he wasn't going to stop. "I got up and ran after him." Then, I felt a sudden wrist grab my right arm. "Hey. I'll go with you. I know where he's going." I was hesitant to trust Winston but for Wyatt, I had to. I gave him a solid nod and darted out of the cave to the deep, dark woods. "Okay so, where to?" I asked. Then, the elder brother pushed me on to a nearby tree. The push was weak so he was obviously holding back, but I was still pissed.

"What the fuck?!" I said holding my arm. He bent down to my level. "Why don't we play a game first?"