Chapter 3

"Bella can you get me a cat for my birthday? " Lilly says as she takes a sip from her smoothie.
We were at school walking around, we had we had a break until the next period history.

"No can't do Lilly"
I say with a chuckle.

"I'm your best friend in the whole world why won't you do that for me?" She says crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Lilly, you know Hannah hates cats "
"Whom are you friends with me or my mom" she puffs.

"And besides if you get it, she will have to accept the cat because she loves you too much to say no , that's what I call a genius plan"she answers proudly.

"No is a No Lilly , you can get one when you have your own apartment " I say.

"I will , and not only one but like seven cats I'll be like Miss Havishem , with no men just me, my beloved cats, and a beautiful white dress" she replies.

"Lilly you'll fall in love again , you're too lovable" I say hugging her.

"Nah even if, men are no use , they change like how fashion trends change. "

"Stop comparing people to clothes " I say rolling my eyes.

"Whatever , So tell me what did you do yesterday" Lilly says as she took a seat on the bench in front of the football field.

I immediately replayed the conversation I had with art and smile , he was the only thing that popped into my mind when I hear or think about the word yesterday.

"What did you do without me , what did I miss?" She asks curiously tugging on my arm.
So I told her all about it, and it wasn't a good idea.

"That's why you're smiling , since when Bella ?" She teases.

I give her a glare.
"There's no since when I just liked talking to him , you know me if there is someone in my life you'd definitely realize."
It was true, I don't fancy art, It felt nice to talk to him but that was it.

"So let me get this straight your mom knows art and she is treating a patient whom he cares about ?"

"Yeah that's it. " I say looking ahead.

"Maybe it's his Secret girlfriend, maybe it's a hopeless love story ." she says with dreamy sad eyes.

" Lilly I'm serious." I say nudging her with my elbow.

"It's just curiosity, it will soon fade away" I say taking a sip from her smoothie.

"They say curiosity killed the cat ,but in your situation I say curiosity made the cat fall in love" she says smiling.

I shake my head and then,
I recognize Tyler and one of his friends Ashton coming towards us.

Last year Ashton asked Lilly out, right after she and peter broke up , she didn't tell Tyler of course, because if he did he'll definitely lose his temper , he has some certain boundaries when it comes to his friends being close to Lilly, eventually Lilly politely said no , she always saw him in a friendly way.

"Hello ladies. " Tyler says.
as Ashton greets us too.

"Hey losers ." Lilly says.

" Tyler you should go shower , you just finished training" I say scrunching up my nose.

"We didn't finish yet." Ashton says.
As Ashton takes the smoothie from my hands and takes a sip.

"Hey !" I say with a frown.

"What's up with you guys , all over my poor smoothie! " Lilly says as she snatched it from Ashton.

"Finished it , you're too slow." as he sticks his tongue out.

"Tyler leave and take your annoying friend with you. " Lilly says.

"Ashton seriously grow up" Tyler huffs.

"Anyways LiL I'm going to throw a party on our birthday , it's going to be a big one." Tyler says

"That's a good idea" I agree.

"Yeah ,because you'll come " Tyler says.

"That's a bad idea" I say regretting what I said.

"Bella , you'll have to come to one party eventually at least. " Ashton says.

"Hey Wait , just like that , you decided ? what about mom and dad? ,oh don't tell me they'll be partying with us?"lilly jokes.

"No silly Lilly " Tyler teases, knowing she hates it when he call her that. That's why he earns a deathly stare from her.

"Dad will be on a business trip and he will be taking mom with him , turns out they will go to Dubai. "he says.

"Okay let's talk about it , it's still two weeks away."

"I'm not asking you, Just giving you a heads up that's all." Tyler says innocently.

"And Bella , I'll drag you myself if you don't come , you've been warned."

I pray to god , he won't do like what he did in 8th grade. It was Halloween's party and I wanted to stay in home , I wasn't the party person and still am , I wanted to watch horror movies alone surrounded by my candies in peace , however Lilly and Tyler startled the hell out of me by climbing to my window dressed in the most terrifying costumes , basically they both dragged me out in my pajamas and yes I went to the first Halloween's party in my pjs, what's weird that most people thought it was cool.
"Okay see you bella ..and you silly Lilly " Tyler says as Ashton chuckles and they both left.

"Ugh why god why didn't I eat him while we were in mom's womb" Lilly says.

"Okay So it's officiall my best friend has cannibalism " I say.

We finished school ,as I dropped off Lilly, I went to the hospital.

There's a quiz tomorrow in biology class , often I reach for Jeremy and his acquaintances to boost me up and thankfully it succeeds each time , I do learn a lot from them , like how to perform first aid.

"Hello Dorothy! "

"Bella , how are you doing ? "

"I'm fine , how's your back doing?"

"Well it's been worse but I'm handling it just fine don't worry" putting her hand on the part that hurts.

"I hope you get well soon"

" I hope dear thank you. " she smiles.
While I was about to leave i saw lee art's brother passing by with a bouquet of white flowers.
And I wondered why is he here.

"Hello lee , nice bouquet you got there" Dorothy says complimenting.

"You know , it's mom's favorite " he says as the elevator opens he gets in it.

Wait a second , mom?